24 hour services needed ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Many of them just leave the CC machines on the pump active and close the store. Did you try them? Or just drive up and see it was dark and keep going. I got into a similar situation in N Florida in between GA and Gainsville. Didn't notice my gas light come on and had to make it to the next exit on fumes. Thankfully the store was closed but the pumps were on. Just be glad your not in Delaware, your legally not allowed to pump your own gas there. I hate the idea of it but can only imagine the jobs it would create. Last time in FL someone pumped my gas they checked the oil and tires. It was 1984.
So other then providing jobs why don't they just have unmanned pumps 24 hours around the clock ( or at least when the store is closed )

Also are you saying when the lights are out and the gas station is closed the pumps may still be useable ? If that is the case I may have made a mistake at the 24 hour one when I saw that the store was closed and all the lights where off ... maybe I should have took it a step further and tried the machine

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Remember the late night advice"I am working" pretend to be

Night maintenance man, you may get robbed. I posted a gas

Story ,if you follow my post.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I drive a diesel. Not all stations have diesel, and many of those have non-credit card pumps but require pay before fueling. Since I always do a complete fill, it poses a problem of how to pre-pay an unknown amount. My answer is to leave my driver's license with the clerk. If they don't trust me to pay, why should I trust them with a credit/debit card?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@BillB, I gave a credit card to pump diesel, I went back in to pay...he says we don't take this

Card. I said what now,pay cash or I call the cops.