220v to115v Wiring a Vintage Delta Unisaw Motor

Steve Maka

Joined Jan 15, 2015
If at all possible leave it wired 220V. You won't be happy with it at 110V.
I wish I could - I rent a garage and I'm lucky the guy gives me even a single outlet... Less have a 220 wire installed.. It will never happen...
I have to hook it up 115 and when I get a shop of my own, I'll switch it back to 220.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is all there in the diagram, the contactor coil has to be wired to V W in both voltages, just the jumpers have to be configured for each.
The motor shows the series or parallel connections for 120/240v.
The O/L may be too light for 120v though.
Max.

Steve Maka

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It is all there in the diagram, the contactor coil has to be wired to V W in both voltages, just the jumpers have to be configured for each.
The motor shows the series or parallel connections for 120/240v.
The O/L may be too light for 120v though.
Max.
Thanks - I thought it was all there.... But for someone that understands electrical diagrams.. I should have stated that the type of answer I'm looking for is more precise. Example: connect the white wire to the green wire from picture #1, and screw the black wire to the lower right screw from image #2, etc, etc....
I didn't understand a single word you said...lol
I'm a carpenter, electrical is not my profession - I just purchased the saw for a great price, but need to switch it to 115.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It may be advisable then to try and get some local help, in re the overload, you are going from 5.9amps to 11.8 so you may experience nuisance tripping, if you do I am not sure if the higher rated OL is still available for that contactor, you may have to fit a later type.
Max.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
That's a strange-looking diagram in the plaque you got there... it makes it look as if one's supposed to short-circuit the cord's wires in both instances...