2 port network

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you try to ask reasonably specific questions, then you will probably find plenty of help for free. But whether you pay or not, you are going to need to narrow down your focus quite a bit more.

Also, there is a lot of material about two-port networks available online. At least look through that and make a list of the terms and/or concepts that you seem to be struggling with. Try to hit the basic, broad concepts first to be sure you have the intro material down or at least can ask questions about those things first.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
If you try to ask reasonably specific questions, then you will probably find plenty of help for free. But whether you pay or not, you are going to need to narrow down your focus quite a bit more.

Also, there is a lot of material about two-port networks available online. At least look through that and make a list of the terms and/or concepts that you seem to be struggling with. Try to hit the basic, broad concepts first to be sure you have the intro material down or at least can ask questions about those things first.
I thought the topic was sufficiently specific. My textbook on circuit analysis, from my second year college courses, has a whole chapter on two-port circuits. It is actually titled: Chapter 18 Two-Port Circuits.

From their profile:
About renegadegas

Occupation
College student. HNC Electronic/ Electricals yr 1

It seems to me someone should read the effing textbook instead of partying or watching the Premier League.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I see you (probably) have Nilsson and Riedel.

I'm not sure I getting your intended point(s).

Even if two-port circuits are only restricted to a single chapter's worth of material (which is commonly the level of treatment in an introductory course), that is too broad to just ask someone for an "extra lesson" on two-port networks. What should that lesson entail? The definition and concept of what a two-port circuit is? The constraints on what circuits can be included within a two-port network? The different two-port parameter sets? The relationships between the various parameter sets? The determination of the different parameter sets by analysis? The determination of the different parameter sets by measurement? Recipocal two port circuits? The six characteristics that define the terminal behavior of a two-port circuit? The basic interconnects of two-port circuits? Analysis of cascaded two-port networks?

And I don't see anything in what you quoted out of renegadegas' profile that would lead me to believe that his problem is partying or watching the "Premier League" (whatever that is) instead or reading his textbook.

More likely, there are some holes in his understanding that the material in the text just isn't quite clicking for. The trick is identifying them. Once that's done, correcting them is often not too difficult a task (for sure, though, not always true).

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012
I thought the topic was sufficiently specific. My textbook on circuit analysis, from my second year college courses, has a whole chapter on two-port circuits. It is actually titled: Chapter 18 Two-Port Circuits.

From their profile:
About renegadegas

Occupation

It seems to me someone should read the effing textbook instead of partying or watching the Premier League.
That's very nice of you.
It isn't everyone who has the intellectual capability to absorb everything being taught in class in one go. I work 60 hr week and still get a lot of time in-between to read my notes and other books which even confuses me more. I find that other methods online and in text book seem harder than the one we've been thought and i even get confused more. I haven't had any social life for years. So i don't buy your idea of going to read effing text books and watching premier leagues as i don't have time for socializing. I work through the weekend and in college mid week.

Ive already started it off and obtained the ABCD parameters. Im trying to find the geometry and I have managed to eliminate shunt admittance and series impedance.
Its not that i haven't even tried to do anything, but im only looking to have extra paid tuition. Is that a CRIME???.

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012

Hello and thanks for reading and replying to my posting.

I'm confused which is why i need the tuition as the materials i have found have even confused me more and i find my tutors method easier but i feel i need another lesson on the topic as im lost. Referring to my notes is only slightly helping but i still get stuck. I have the idea of what we are trying to do but the method to the result is where i'm stuck on.

I have been trying to find the geometry of a 2 port network. i have already eliminated series impedance and shunt admittance due to the ABCD results i obtained for the parameters.It may now be a t-network or a pi-network.

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012

From their profile:
About renegadegas

Occupation

Another note on partying.
I'm 85% VEGAN, 100% VEGETARIAN. So you know how i seriously take care of myself.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Another note on partying.
I'm 85% VEGAN, 100% VEGETARIAN. So you kencounters seriously take carae of myself.
Good on you for not adopting the same puzzling attitude. There's always some mean spirited person we encounter who in their ignorance, wants to imagine the worst about us - irrespective of the reality of who we are.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello and thanks for reading and replying to my posting.

I'm confused which is why i need the tuition as the materials i have found have even confused me more and i find my tutors method easier but i feel i need another lesson on the topic as im lost. Referring to my notes is only slightly helping but i still get stuck. I have the idea of what we are trying to do but the method to the result is where i'm stuck on.

I have been trying to find the geometry of a 2 port network. i have already eliminated series impedance and shunt admittance due to the ABCD results i obtained for the parameters.It may now be a t-network or a pi-network.
So it sounds like you are trying to identify the circuit that is inside a two-port network based on its characterization. Note that this is, in general, not possible since multiple circuits can have the same port characteristics. But if you are merely trying to find 'a' topology, then that's another matter.

It will work best if you post all of the information about the problem you are trying to work and then post your efforts to date. You say that you eliminated some possibilities -- so show how you eliminated them.

Remember, you don't have to post a complete solution or even worry that what you post might be wrong. That's fine. But we need the context from which to start a discussion.

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012
Hello WBahn,

I appreciate you helping. I have uploaded the notes we got given from college, the Assignment and my solution so far.

From the questions and solution, i have done Task 1 (a), (b) and part of (c)

You can see from the file my solution so far, i have the Parameters that i've worked out at the bottom of that file which my tutor says is correct so far. When the parameters is compared to the notes for what to expect from the Shunt Admittance Y and Series Impedance Z, they don't match hence the reason for eliminating Shunt and Series Topology. For the Shunt, i've had to work out the value of admittance (Y) for C.

I'm now left with TEE and PI network to work out. When i try i can see figures flying everywhere and confusing me in the process. I wish i had the lesson all over again.

Thanks for looking again. Very much appreciated.

Last edited: