2 kHz Signal Transfering Cirtuit Without Any Distortion

cybercem

Joined Dec 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I have two devices which works synchronizing eachother. The synchronization signal is 2 kHz. You can see its signal characteristic at attached picture (The red one is synchronization signal). While transfering this signal from one device to second one, it is distorting because of noise. So, devices don't work properly. Beacuse, they must synchronize to each other. Distance between two device is maksimum 5 meters. I need a component or a circuit which is able to fix the distorted signal. Or this component or circuit able to tolerate distortion. Can anyone provide a solution or suggest a component related with my problem? What can be done?
P.S : Amplitude of synchronization signal is between zero and negative 0.8 Volt as you can see the picture. (0<signal<-0.8 Volt)

Attachments

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
At the Sending End:
The red signal is coming from what?
Can it be amplified or processed at the sending end to make it more robust?
How is it transmitted?
On coax or shielded cable? Twisted pair?
Single-ended or differential?
Where is the ringing coming from?

At the Receiving End:
What makes the blue signal?
Astable multivibrator?
Code in a microprocessor?

Post a real circuit of what you are doing.

cybercem

Joined Dec 8, 2014
Thank you for quick reply Sir;
At The Sending End:
1- ) Red signal comes from an ADC on first device and, it goes to second device ADCs for sychnronization pulse.
2-) Yes, it can be processed. Accually, i am looking a component for amplif signal. An Opamp can do this but it must be very fast rise an fall time. Am i right?
3-) it is transmitted by a cable.
4-) Cable includes shield.
5-) I guess it is single ended. (Referance to GND)
6-) Sorry but i dont get this? What do you mean by "ringing"?

At the Receiving End:
1-) Blue signal is not related with our problem. It is totally different signal which is not our business.
2-) It is a sycnhronization pulse signal. It is created by ADC for sync.
3-) Is it necessary? Because i don have the code.

The Red signal is very complicated to tell. It is a signal ADC that name is MAX11040K 24 Bit. (Maxim Integrated). As the datasheet, this red signal must transmitt to another MAX11040K for mutliple ADC synchronization. If you look the datasheet, the red signal is DRDYOUT.

I am wondering your reply.

At the Sending End:
The red signal is coming from what?
Can it be amplified or processed at the sending end to make it more robust?
How is it transmitted?
On coax or shielded cable? Twisted pair?
Single-ended or differential?
Where is the ringing coming from?

At the Receiving End:
What makes the blue signal?
Astable multivibrator?
Code in a microprocessor?

Post a real circuit of what you are doing.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
MikeML:
That is odd ringing. If the signal really is 2 KHz then it is not a termination problem. I am wondering if something is on the verge of oscillation.

cybercem

Joined Dec 8, 2014
MikeML:
That is odd ringing. If the signal really is 2 KHz then it is not a termination problem. I am wondering if something is on the verge of oscillation.
Signal frequency is 2 kHz. I have measured that value. But when i measure second device of ADC, it is 1997 Hz. That tells us why dont work with synchronize each other. I want to repeat how my system works;
i have two device which have ADCs on their own. I want to get data sycnhronizaly from ADCs. There is one thing to do this (datasheet says that): carry the DRDYOUT signal to each of ADCs if you want to work scnyhroniza. So my problem is changing red signal frequecy. 2000 Hz to 1997 Hz. How can i fix that?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
6-) Sorry but i dont get this? What do you mean by "ringing"?
Ringing is the less-than-full-amplitude, slowly damping signal that accompanies every state change of the main signal. It's everything that isn't a perfect square wave.

A small amount of ringing is hard to eliminate, but your signal shows a LOT of ringing for such a low frequency.

cybercem

Joined Dec 8, 2014
Ringing is the less-than-full-amplitude, slowly damping signal that accompanies every state change of the main signal. It's everything that isn't a perfect square wave.

A small amount of ringing is hard to eliminate, but your signal shows a LOT of ringing for such a low frequency.
I get it now. Thanks for explanation. But in my opinion if the real problem is "ringing", ADCs on same device don't work sycnhroniza to eachother. I mean that: each device have 4 ADCs, and they are working properly with this red signal. If the ringing is a problem, they should not work sync? Am i right?

cybercem

Joined Dec 8, 2014
I also want to ask that, If i want to use RS 232 to interfacing some device, how can i carry CLCK and DATA signals to 20 meter away without changing their frequecy? There must be a circuit, a "technique" or a component for this purpose. I saw "clock buffer" components while searching internet. What is the clock buffer components? For what purpose do they use?