2 days of work, gone!!

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
I did not make a blog while I was developing this, but I do have some more pics with it.
Should I post some pics? should I post in this thread? do you want schematics of the motor driver?

What do you mean by "The Two Day Man"

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
I attached some pics, you can see the progress.

I had many problems along the way, burning the board was the main one.
Then I had problems with the remote control:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=50688

Then problems with the PIC32 - I am using DipTrace to design my schematic, and they did not update the component info for the PIC:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=164&t=50747
http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6900
Luckily, all I had to do was to initialize UART3 instead of UARD2...

Attachments

Last edited:

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
The schematics:

The remote control is very simple, just one schematic, but the motor driver is more complex.

The main image is made up from some Hierarchy blocks, I did not upload the simple Hierarchy blocks like "Power 5V", "Power 3.3V", you can take a simple guess what is there.

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Go to your bio page and start a album of your work,this thread will move on.

Your album will stay,while you are at it take a look at my picture on my album.

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
I added the pictures to the album. I think I should delete the ones in this thread because of duplication?

I'll add more pictures to the album when I have more.

[edit]
By the way, i just noticed a problem with the album that it automatically shrinks the images. This is not good for images with schematics, because it makes the image so small that you can't read the parts values.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
A beautiful and complete project! Why don't you compile it into a thread and post it into the Completed Projects Collection? It's the right place to present your work and spread the knowledge.

That is, if you want, of course.

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
I want to post it in the Completed Projects, but I am not sure when I will do that.

It is a complete project if all you want is a remote controlled car. But I have plans to do much, much more than what I have now.

I want to add ultrasonic distance sensors, I will make my own LIDAR, and I will also add a computer to it. Basically just a small motherboard (integrated video and WiFi) with a low power CPU, RAM, and a SSD hard drive (or maybe even a USB memory stick to boot if I can get it work). I will install windows on it, and have all the sensors upload data to the computer, and have the computer map the sensor data in a 3D map, and "decide" what to do. When all that is done, I will also add a robotic arm to it (or other things).

I'm a very long way to get there...

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I want to post it in the Completed Projects, but I am not sure when I will do that.

It is a complete project if all you want is a remote controlled car. But I have plans to do much, much more than what I have now.

I want to add ultrasonic distance sensors, I will make my own LIDAR, and I will also add a computer to it. Basically just a small motherboard (integrated video and WiFi) with a low power CPU, RAM, and a SSD hard drive (or maybe even a USB memory stick to boot if I can get it work). I will install windows on it, and have all the sensors upload data to the computer, and have the computer map the sensor data in a 3D map, and "decide" what to do. When all that is done, I will also add a robotic arm to it (or other things).

Here is a great "computer" designed pretty much for what you want to do, pretty cool too for other "PC" based projects >>http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/raspberry-pi

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009

Take your time then... ;)

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
Today I was writing code for the PIC32 and I got the "demo limit" :( I am using mikroC PRO for PIC32 compiler.

So, I bought the Licence, it was $249 US because I already have a licence for "mikroC PRO" compiler which is for PIC16 and PIC18

So... no more demo limit :)