2 12v reversible motorswith speed control and timed off

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Bluemonkey, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Bluemonkey

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi I need some help to build a circuit. I have two 12v reversible motors that I need move at different speeds when opening or closing two doors on my car dash. So I have two ccm2u6 boards that do that speed control and reverse the movement, they both have dpdt switches. However I want to use a 1 momentary switch that would trigger both motors either way, opening or closing the dash doors. I also need to have timers on them so the power turns off as they finish closing or opening after being triggered by the momentary switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    The board details is attached

2. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    A 555 monostable timer with pushbutton and Dpdt relay output would do for the on time, to stop it at the exact close or open position would need limit switches or current sense.

Do you have close up pictures of the components side?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Johann likes this.
  3. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    I tried 1 momentary switch into 2 555 monostable switches into 4 relays into the control boards but it didn't work. Clearly it was wired wrong. Is the side you wanting to see? Thanks

4. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    What's the wiring terminals for the motor board, it uses a Lm324 op amp pwm controller.

5. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    This is a diagram of the way I wired it
    Two for the motor, positive negative for the feed and 2 red out and 2 black in

6. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    How is the direction switch wired, can't see how its working?

7. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    It's wired dpdt

8. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    So does the reverse switch connect the blacks together or red and black,

draw the board connections out as it should be wired showing supply and direction switch.

9. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    This is the back of the switch

10. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    I don't mind starting from scratch, I just don't understand how design a circuit

11. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Looks like the Reds connect to the blacks for direction change, so you need a Dpdt relay with the commons to the reds, and the blacks to the Nc and No terminals, and your push switch fires the relay coil., simple really....

12. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    So I am wanting to use a toggle momentary switch. Could ask a favour, I really don't understand wiring would be able to draw up a wiring diagram, did you see the diagram I up loaded? Thank you very much for your help

13. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Here is a dpdt relay reverse circuit with push switch, if you have two boards just parallel the relay coils.

DSC_0008.JPG

14. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    Excellent I will give that a go, can I use a toogle momentary switch instead of a push button, also the part on the right side is that a relay ? Can I use one switch for both circuits ?

15. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    Also where does the timer come in?

16. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi I am sorry I am not sure what is what on the diagram, which is the relay and which is the timer? Thanks

17. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    You need to use a 555 timer,or other type to trigger the motor board. The diagram shows a dpdt reverse relay and switch.

18. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    so it does do what I need it to do then, how do you wire in the 555 timer into your diagram

19. Bluemonkey

Feb 6, 2016
    I am sorry I know I am a bit slow on it but with your diagram how do a push button switch the motor to go different ways. Do I need to use a toogle switch with on-off-on so that reverses the system. I can't see how that works on the diagram with a push button. What I want to do is flick momentary switch up the timer keeps the power on for 8 seconds and turns off in that time it has rotated the motor one way then i flick the momentary switch down the same for 8 seconds and turns off and it rotated the motor the other way. I have two of these circuits. Each one going through indicdual motor board so the motors can be reversed and move at different speeds

20. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016