1v to 120/220v

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by farhan89, Nov 6, 2010.

1. farhan89

Thread Starter Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Hello Guyz!
    Guyz in my country there is an electricity Company problem, :), When Light shut down by the Electric supply company then Phase cuts off and in neutral i got 1V approx so is there any way that i can increase that 1v to 120/220v, if yes then can any1 guide me how to do that , which components are needed to do that?

what about ampres can i also increase amperes?

2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The short answer is NO. you will not be able to draw any amount of current sufficient to do more than MAYBE light a single LED. Even doing that may prove impossible. If the lines are DEAD, meaning nobody is generating electricity.

Then the lines are DEAD.

3. farhan89

Thread Starter Member

Feb 13, 2010
    but in some areas there comes 6v, nd if i check the volatges of neutral and Earth we also got 6v , so is therer any possiblity to increase those 6v to 120/220v

4. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    technically yes it can be increased, but will NOT be able to give any POWER. Power is volts multiplied by amperage.

I'm assuming you want more than a voltmeter reading of 120VAC. That you actually want to USE the 120 volts AC to operate a light or a motor.

IT WILL NOT DO THAT

5. farhan89

Thread Starter Member

Feb 13, 2010
    SO main problem is of Ampres, so what about connecting a 80-90 Amp battery, then , suing some ckt we can incraese voltage and Ampres are high because of battery , so now using any transisitor we can incraese ampere and that current will play a role of recharging that battery again :rolleyes: ,

Correct ???

6. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    If you have a battery then you use an "inverter" which makes AC power from DC out of the battery.

Give up your ideas of using the wall socket when the lines are dead.

Get an inverter and some MARINE/DEEP CYCLE batteries, Not automotive starting batteries. Then you can run AC devices when the lines are dead by using them and an inverter. There are no 'tricks' to be performed with electronic circuits and step up transformers to get power from a dead line.

7. farhan89

Thread Starter Member

Feb 13, 2010
    ^^^
    Got ur Point!

8. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    Hypathetically let's just say you could increase the voltage and get enough power to operate something.... What happenss whe the Electric CO. Power is restored?

Does anyone smell burnt toast?

Please don't mess with the AC power!

9. farhan89

Thread Starter Member

Feb 13, 2010

LOL!
    There must be any Logic Ckt, that when Electricity restored then This CKT automatically gets off!

Like the 1 in automatic generators

10. nomurphy

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 8, 2005
    What you need is a constant-current, step-up, auto-transformer to supply additional current and proper voltage during brown-outs. These are not as easy to find as they used to be, because they were mainly used during WWII. Now that the bombing raids and blackouts are a thing of the past, they just aren't needed like they once were since power is now always reliable. I suggest you look around or contact the following website to see if they have any NOS (new/old) stock.

http://www.kalecoauto.com/

11. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    This sounds like a case for home made wind turbine connected to the battery farm or hydroelectric system along the lines of pico and micro hydro.