1st post: Help creating customized led lights for car...

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by gudoffer, Jun 30, 2009.

1. gudoffer

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    hi all,

its my first time and visiting this website which i found from google. this is an amazing website, and everything seems so interesting.

I am a student attending university, but for the past few years since i got my car, i always wanted to make something with led's to make them go with the beat of my music.

I once bought a neon light that does that and couldnt find anymore, plus now in the summer, i want that to be my project.

I took some engineering courses in high school, which sort of explains some knowledge of vocabulary i have such as leds, capacitors etc.

Anyhow, im basically brand new, to start off with, so if u can help me out id love that.

I want to create lights for the interior of my car, that basically will flash or blink with the beat of my music. I really am willing to dedicate my time to this and i really hope you guys can help me with this first post.

thank you
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  3. gudoffer

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    i did research on it. but i dont understand the diagrams correctly :S...im very new, and lost.
  4. Fenris

Oct 21, 2007
    Hi There

Heres one aimed at in-car use. This will do for one channel (left or right) So 2 would be required. I suggest in view of your newness you take some time to learn what the symbols mean. Up to a point you can just build from a schematic or a kit. It's when things don't work that a little more knowledge would be useful in preventing your project from becoming a white elephant.

Checkout the links at the top of the page. Very useful stuff, but start at the beginning.

Get a few simple circuits under your belt. It will make the likely hood of success with your 'major' project more likely and in the event of a failure you will have learned skills that will help fix a possible problem.

5. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009