1in 2 digit sisplay

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
To use the 1st digit, you can use pin 1,2,3,4,15,16,17,18 for the segments and pin 14 is the common anode pin. See the picture attached and it would explain itself.

Allen

Attachments

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
i do not have a 1 digit display hence im using a 2 digit.
Your circuit uses a common cathode LED while your 2 digit 7 seg LED is a common anode one. In order to use it in your circuit, you have to connect the common anode to +5V and all the segments a-g have to be inverted with either npn transistors, or a ULN2003A or 2x 4069 inverter gates.

I'd say it is easier to just buy a common cathode LED and forget about the mod. But if you insist to use the LED you have, I can draw up the schematic but it would take time.

Or you can wait and see what others here have to say about it....:p

Allen

Last edited:

aka-rato

Joined May 11, 2012
Your circuit uses a common cathode LED while your 2 digit 7 seg LED is a common anode one. In order to use it in your circuit, you have to connect the common anode to +5V and all the segments a-g have to be inverted with either npn transistors, or a ULN2003A or 2x 74LS04 inverter gates.

I'd say it is easier to just buy a common cathode LED and forget about the mod. But if you insist to use the LED you have, I can draw up the schematic but it would take time.

Or you can wait and see what others here have to say about it....:p

Allen

U R right thanx... lol i did'nt notice that.