1960s B&K Television Analyst

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by debe, Mar 18, 2013.

1. debe

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    This thing used to be the holy grail in my freinds workshop back in the 60s when he was selling & repairing TVs. He was still repairing TVs & electrical apliances untill about 2000. I inherited it when he died about 8 yrs ago. Ive since donated it to a local person who has a colection of vintage TVs & Radios. It had a flying spot scaner for the test pattern.

SgtWookie and ErnieM like this.
  2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Beautiful unit. I had to look up "flying spot scanner," what a cool analog solution for something that would be done with a two dollar micro today.

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Everytime I read about how people did things back in the day (early 20th century in this case) I come away amazed at how ingenious they were and how they were willing to go to extreme lengths to solve problems that we don't even think about today.

I suspect that we really have lost a lot of that creativity and ingenuity just because we can so easily turn to computers or electronics to do so much for us so easily. Certainly there are still sparks of it here and there today, but it seems like it was so widespread and common back then -- out of necessity.