1944 to 2014 superimposed, then and now.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Directions : Just click on the photo anywhere and it will become 2014. Click again and it will go back to 1944; or you can left click and hold on each photo, and then drag your mouse gently from left to right on the original photograph and it will be become a photo of the exact same location and view in 2014. Drag it back to the left and you are back in 1944!

Scroll down for more of the same.

http://interactive.guim.co.uk/embed/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

Max.
Simply amazing.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I'm sure a certain working segment of the society welcomed them with that line. It probably was a marketing slogan for that segment.
hi Joe,
I always considered you and XII, as being able to think outside the box ... :rolleyes:, glad to see my double entendre was not wasted.

Joking apart, we were glad your lad's were over here.

E

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Eric,

RJ Dippy, a Brit, assured the MIT's Radiation Laboratory, that a time delayed oscilloscope, that produced better than 1 microsecond accuracy can be built, at a time the Yanks were using circular swept scopes. The same conclusion was reached by the two Yanks doing the field experiment of measuring the time difference in Springfield Missouri from two HF pulsed signals, a distance of about 800 miles from the transmitters. It was during the first concept test of what became Loran, during WWII.

The "cousins" did pass vital technical information to one another.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
The "cousins" did pass vital technical information to one another.
That's very true, Churchill arranged the hand delivery of a Magnetron to your scientists early in WW2, you put it to good use in the Pacific.:)

Loran and Gee were very useful for flight navigation within Europe.

E