16f84a newbie help

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by vectraboyv6, Feb 16, 2010.

1. vectraboyv6

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    hi after serveral years off from the programming world ( zx spectrum basic) I wanted to get into these pic chips. how ever afer buying a programming board and a 16f84a. i may be being thick but there are really hard to write software for.

ive downloaded mplab ide which i can alter a test program but cant create a new program????

is here any software that would allow me to write basic progs then upload them?

thanks in advance stu.

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
  3. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    To create a new project in MPlab go through the project wizard in the project menu. The last step will ask you to add existing files to the project - just click next.
    Then click add new file to project in the file menu. Give your new file a name like test.asm and you are ready to go.

4. vectraboyv6

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    unfortionaly the swordfish program does not support the 16f84a thanks tho

still trying with this mplab but i have no istruction set and meanings

i want it to do some for next loops for example.. but cant figure it out, god i feel thick:(

just want to program a 2 motor buggy with 4 input switches 1 in each corner to bounce about a enclose area!

thanks stu

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009