160 in 1 Electronic Project Kit.

SteveHow

Joined Jul 2, 2012
Hello all,

I managed to get my hands on one of the old Science Fair 160 in 1 Electronic Project Kits Booklets.

Firstly I have no idea if this breaches copyright issues. I wouldn't even know where to start to find that out.

These were hardware kits, mounted in a wooden box, with all the components layed out in front of you. One would use jump wires to connect the different components. ( I think I still have one around here somewhere)

Anyway, this is just the booklet. A great source of knowledge INHO. I would like to offer it to members if this doesn't breach forum protocol/copyright laws.

Cheers
Steve

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have started the electronic with the EE 1000 kits from Philips.
Here is a site with information on those kits:
http://ee.old.no/

You can also find some of the booklets belonging to the kits on that site.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you found the booklet, how would that breach copy right? Unless it is a copy, of course. If you do not offer to publish it online there is no issue in any case.

If you have a specific question about a circuit, then redraw the circuit by hand. It will be good practice, and no one will care about the single problem. If, on the other hand, you try to point to a copy online, then it would become an issue.

Most circuits have been published over and over on the web. This is generally not an issue, and falls under fair use.

I have good memories of a 1 in 75 projects kit when I was a kid. It was what got me started, and I still have a few hand drawn schematics kicking around 40+ years later of circuits I liked.

Dakotah

Joined Jan 15, 2013
I have been trying to find a replacement for mine for years now. Since I own the actual kit and the manual is no longer available for sale from Tandy Parts they gave their blessing to copy the manual if I could get my hands on one to replace my lost manual.

I would even be willing to reimburse you for your time/supplies/postage, etc. if you would be willing to copy/scan this for me. My son is now the perfect age to hand this down to now, but it fairly worthless without the original manual. We have searched my parents home endlessly to no avail. It was apparently lost or thrown out in one of the many moves since I moved out and started my own family. I (and my son) would be very grateful.

Thank you

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I have been trying to find a replacement for mine for years now. Since I own the actual kit and the manual is no longer available for sale from Tandy Parts they gave their blessing to copy the manual if I could get my hands on one to replace my lost manual.

I would even be willing to reimburse you for your time/supplies/postage, etc. if you would be willing to copy/scan this for me. My son is now the perfect age to hand this down to now, but it fairly worthless without the original manual. We have searched my parents home endlessly to no avail. It was apparently lost or thrown out in one of the many moves since I moved out and started my own family. I (and my son) would be very grateful.

Thank you
If you can use the way back machine, something I'm not famalliar with, go to the shack website.
The part numbers you're looking for are
280080_p1_pm_en.pdf and for the second book substitute a p2 for the p1.
I have the files on my pc but they are corrupt, they are about 6 or 7 mb each. The date on these is 2000.
Hope this helps..

Dakotah

Joined Jan 15, 2013
Unfortunately, while I was able to use wayback to go to Radio Shack's site, the only way to get the manual is via their, now defunct, Faxback service. Nice try though.

ROGUELIVES

Joined Jun 22, 2014
I have a manual and I made it into a pdf if anyone needs a copy e-mail me and ill send you a copy.

<SNIP>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Hello,

I have started the electronic with the EE 1000 kits from Philips.
Here is a site with information on those kits:
http://ee.old.no/

You can also find some of the booklets belonging to the kits on that site.

Bertus
I started my electronics with the EE20 kit from Philips. One particular project that fascinated me was the 3 transistor Reflex/Regen radio using a AF116 and 2 AC126. Though meant for the AM band, we modified it for Shortwave (upto around 7 MHz). That was back in late 60's.

Does anyone here have that circuit diagram? Just to reconstruct that radio :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Ramesh

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The Philips EE20 kit is the best thing I ever had as a lad.
Geez, I wish I still had that kit. It got me started on my career in Electronics.

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
I remember the ones that had springs to hold the jumper wires... built my first telegraph an am radio with one of those when I was 8... good times.. thanks for the memories

Does anyone know where I can print off a copy of the Science Fair 160 manual? I found the kit in a yard sale, but it does not have the manual. I'd love to show my son how it works and some of the stuff it can do, but my electornics knowledge is limited. Thanks!

Hello all,

I managed to get my hands on one of the old Science Fair 160 in 1 Electronic Project Kits Booklets.

Firstly I have no idea if this breaches copyright issues. I wouldn't even know where to start to find that out.

These were hardware kits, mounted in a wooden box, with all the components layed out in front of you. One would use jump wires to connect the different components. ( I think I still have one around here somewhere)

Anyway, this is just the booklet. A great source of knowledge INHO. I would like to offer it to members if this doesn't breach forum protocol/copyright laws.

Cheers
Steve

Hello Steve! Can I get a copy of the Science Fair 160 Manual. I found one of these at a yard sale and want to play with it with my son. Thanks.
<removed email to protect you from spambots>
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric Al

Joined Nov 6, 2013
Hello all,

Cheers
Steve

I am interested !