16 Jumbo LEDs Light Chaser

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Dan Micu, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Micu

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Fun Project for any one to try, I would say low complexity as far as soldering and assembly. LEDs are 10mm JUMBO or 5mm or surface mount. can be obtained as samples free from TI of Fairchild, or from Digi-Key.or Amazon for 7-10cents. Full documentation is included (BOM, Fab Drawing, Schematic and Assembly drawing) and also board files (274x Gerber format). I have an oversea PCB fabricator (URL deleted by moderator) also a fabricator based in Chicago (URL deleted by moderator). I can try and get a quote from the Chinese supplier and post it here. I welcome any comments. Regards, Dan

<Moderator's note: Advertising within posts is not permitted>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    If you want to share YOUR completed project, we have a forum just for that. If you want to advertise circuit board sales, the moderators are coming to lock this thread.

3. Dan Micu

Jun 12, 2015
    I'm new here .. This is for anyone to download and use .. I'll be lucky if I get a beer for all the hard work I put into this ... I think is the most complete and documented design ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  4. Dan Micu

Jun 12, 2015
    So where should I post it then ? .. I could go to a different forum .. no big deal on my part ..

5. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
  6. Dan Micu

Jun 12, 2015
    This is really an old school but still fun project that I did in 2004 and I built several ( white, blue, red, green, LEDs both 5mm and SM LEDs ) .. I still have boards left, and I put one together today using Violet LEDs. The old design was done in Mentor long time ago, the new files are all done in Cadence. I've been a PCB designer with Motorola for 15 years designing pagers and smartphones, and these little 2-layer designs I do just on my own time is to release some steam .. I sent the design to a Chinese PCB fabricator to get some quotes, get an idea how much they charge for the PCBs .. Ok, I got the quote of $128 for 50 boards, that comes to $2.60 per board /HASL finish.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. Dan Micu

Jun 12, 2015

8. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Ok...

9. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    One thread is enough and this thread will be closed and redirected to first thread.

16 LED light chaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.