16 Jumbo LEDs Light Chaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Micu

Joined Jun 12, 2015
Fun Project for any one to try, I would say low complexity as far as soldering and assembly. LEDs are 10mm JUMBO or 5mm or surface mount. can be obtained as samples free from TI of Fairchild, or from Digi-Key.or Amazon for 7-10cents. Full documentation is included (BOM, Fab Drawing, Schematic and Assembly drawing) and also board files (274x Gerber format). I have an oversea PCB fabricator (URL deleted by moderator) also a fabricator based in Chicago (URL deleted by moderator). I can try and get a quote from the Chinese supplier and post it here. I welcome any comments. Regards, Dan

<Moderator's note: Advertising within posts is not permitted>

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If you want to share YOUR completed project, we have a forum just for that. If you want to advertise circuit board sales, the moderators are coming to lock this thread.

Dan Micu

Joined Jun 12, 2015
Fun Project for any one to try, I would say low complexity as far as soldering and assembly. LEDs are 10mm JUMBO or 5mm or surface mount. can be obtained as samples free from TI of Fairchild, or from Digi-Key.or Amazon for 7-10cents. Full documentation is included (BOM, Fab Drawing, Schematic and Assembly drawing) and also board files (274x Gerber format). I have an oversea PCB fabricator ((URL deleted by moderator) also a fabricator based in Chicago (URL deleted by moderator). I can try and get a quote from the Chinese supplier and post it here. I welcome any comments. Regards, Dan
If you want to share YOUR completed project, we have a forum just for that. If you want to advertise circuit board sales, the moderators are coming to lock this thread.
I'm new here .. This is for anyone to download and use .. I'll be lucky if I get a beer for all the hard work I put into this ... I think is the most complete and documented design ..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Micu

Joined Jun 12, 2015
So where should I post it then ? .. I could go to a different forum .. no big deal on my part ..

Dan Micu

Joined Jun 12, 2015
We can move this to the to the completed projects forum once the requirements for that forum are met.

The requirements can be found that the URL below.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-to-post-a-project-to-the-collection.3101/
This is really an old school but still fun project that I did in 2004 and I built several ( white, blue, red, green, LEDs both 5mm and SM LEDs ) .. I still have boards left, and I put one together today using Violet LEDs. The old design was done in Mentor long time ago, the new files are all done in Cadence. I've been a PCB designer with Motorola for 15 years designing pagers and smartphones, and these little 2-layer designs I do just on my own time is to release some steam .. I sent the design to a Chinese PCB fabricator to get some quotes, get an idea how much they charge for the PCBs .. Ok, I got the quote of $128 for 50 boards, that comes to $2.60 per board /HASL finish.

Last edited:

Dan Micu

Joined Jun 12, 2015
We can move this to the to the completed projects forum once the requirements for that forum are met.

The requirements can be found that the URL below.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-to-post-a-project-to-the-collection.3101/[/QUOTE

I'm still checking my library parts geometries, I'm ordering parts and boards (50pcs) by the end of the week .. I would like to validate the design before making it public. Will take another two weeks for the parts and boards to get here. Let's keep it on hold for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.