16 Channel Electronic Drum Project.....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Just thought I would share my latest electronic project,

.... Although I only copied someone elses design to make this one (freely available @ www.edrum.com, thanks to Admir Salahovic) , I still put a lot of work into making the analog interface PCB's and the the rest of the PCB's required by the project....

I literally fabricated all the parts to this project so it not only involves electronics but metal working, milling Lexan, some wood working, etc....

And I managed to put this project together at a very low cost by reusing some components salvaged from other electronics....

The project is based around a PIC16F877A uc and some LM324 Opamps providing 15 channels of analog inputs to interface to 15 different piezo sensors used as the drums and cymbals trigger inputs....

I am still currently finishing a few parts for the project (such as the top cover for the module housing and the drum rack, and also the cymbals, trying to find some "quiet' material to use for them).

Everything is done in a DIY low cost fashion and it still rivals some expensive edrum setups available in the market today.....

Stop by and check it out if you like @ http://www.morse-code.com/id208.htm let me know what you think of what I have done so far.......

Brent Morse

kezkerruth

Joined Aug 31, 2011
Hi BMorse,
My name si Jun from Davao City Philippines,. What a great done job you have!..i really love this project of yours:). I am a music director in a small church here in Davao, at the same time a musician. we have already an acoustic drum set but i am not satisfy with it sound. so we decided to buy an electronic drum module, but because of the price very cost we couldn't have it. when i saw your project and it so great! i decided to do it also and do it by myself. it’s my pleasure if you can help me on this project. can you please provide me a Clear PBC layout in all circuit, schematic diagram and list of all component parts?.

I really appreciate your good kindness.

Thanks,
Jun:)

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hi BMorse,
My name si Jun from Davao City Philippines,. What a great done job you have!..i really love this project of yours:). I am a music director in a small church here in Davao, at the same time a musician. we have already an acoustic drum set but i am not satisfy with it sound. so we decided to buy an electronic drum module, but because of the price very cost we couldn't have it. when i saw your project and it so great! i decided to do it also and do it by myself. it’s my pleasure if you can help me on this project. can you please provide me a Clear PBC layout in all circuit, schematic diagram and list of all component parts?.

I really appreciate your good kindness.

Thanks,
Jun:)

All of the required PCB layouts and circuit schematics and BOM's are available at www.edrum.info, this is where I got all the info I needed, except I designed my own PCB layouts myself using his schematics.... if you have any other questions let me know.. here is a link to my worklog also http://www.morse-code.com/id208.htm.. and by the way, I grew up in Angeles City :) .....

Last edited: