16.32,64 qam

chick556

Joined Jan 15, 2013
Hi There,
I've given a assignment that make any 2 possible constellation points on 16,32 and 64 QAM how can i make/solve this?
Thanks in advance!!

chick556

Joined Jan 15, 2013
i know that its modulation,i was asked to calculate baud rate against given bit rate(in 16.32,and 64 QAM), ive done with this!! but it was the second part Also write any 2 possible constellation points of given modulation techniques by considering their given configuration changes (amplitude, phase). this is where i m confused!!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm confused, too. Could you post the entire problem? Is this a translation from another language into english? If so, it may take us a bit of effort to be sure we are all on the same page.

chick556

Joined Jan 15, 2013
here it is entire problem:
Calculate the baud rate against given bit rates by following the methods of given modulation techniques against each bit rate. Write all necessary steps, formulas and units. Also write any 2 possible constellation points of given modulation techniques by considering their given configuration changes (amplitude, phase).

a) 4000 bps 16-QAM
b) 25000bps 32-QAM
c) 48000bps 64-QAM
thats all.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Please tell me this started out in some language other than english and has been translated at some point!

It seems pretty torturered. I think I have a fair notion of what it is trying to say, but not positive. In particular, the phrase, "by following the methods of given modulation techniques against each bit rate" seems to imply that it is referring to some particular method that has been previously provided and which, if true, we have absolutely no idea about. But, as you say, you've already done that part. But I'm wondering if the second part isn't also referring to something that is specific to what has been previously presented to you, either in class or in the book. My first impression is that you are being asked to identify two points in the constellation that are a single bit error apart, but I don't think this is quite what they mean.