150W LED DRIVER (output =150v dc current=0.7 ampper)

green90

Joined Sep 3, 2015
1-

1-how driver work ?
2- is there any siplest design that can i do to give me (output =150v dc current=0.7 ampper)
and it must be smps also

?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The power supply you show should give you the voltage and current you specified.
Is it broken?
Building a replacement would be difficult for a beginner. It would also be a lot more expensive than buying an off-the-shelf one.

green90

Joined Sep 3, 2015
The power supply you show should give you theand current you specified.
Is it broken?
Building a replacement would be difficult for a beginner. It would also be a lot more expensive than buying an off-the-shelf one.
yea its broke and i opened it to know how it built .. i want explanation of how my one(driver) work ? then for building new one i dont need multi output(+dimm ..-dimm ..etc) just i want one output to turn on led

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Power consumed by LED array will be the same whether in series or parallel.
Parallel operation will allow a lower, SAFER voltage to be used, but will require more current output.

50 volts at 3 amps is still 150 watts power, but the chance of a deadly electric shock is greatly reduced

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
[Text removed by moderator -please remember that we may not discuss LEDs directly to the mains, even when done well.] ...I've done it many times when doing DIY LED conversion of odd lights and needed a stable voltage source.

[More text removed] but discussing that here makes the site owners go 'monkey poo ' over the supposed safety issues. :rolleyes: [Moderator's note: Yes it does ;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

green90

Joined Sep 3, 2015
yea the power remain the same in both parallel and series but what about 3A current and what change must be done to driver components to carry this high current ??
what is the good parallel diagram ?

Surely where LEDs are concerned it's a constant current source you need not constant voltage. That's why when you look at the LED driver posted by green90 you can see the outputs showing 0.7A at 70-280v. Depending on how the LED array is wired and from the OPs original photo it seemed like there were 3 boards, each having 24 LEDs. It seems that each of the boards is wired in series. Guessing about 2v per LED and 24 per board, each board might need 48v to supply it but they still only need 0.7A.

If it was me, I'd be buying another driver myself rather than rewiring the boards.