12vdc to 120vac Inverter, 500W

Guest3123

Joined Oct 28, 2014
I need help understanding how to make one. I see a crap load of videos on YouTube how to make them, and I see Instructables also has information how how this is done. But I would like someone to show me, or explain how it's done.

I have built box mods, using a 1.2kW n-Channel Mosfet. The n-Channel Mosfet handles the current for the switch. I know how it works, and obviously, how to wire it up.

I would like to learn how to make a 500 watt or even a 1000 watt Sine Wave Inverter. I understand that the transformer steps the 12vdc to 120vac, I understand that the Oscillator does something to the DC voltage, I hear that you need mosfets, and the more mosfets you have the more watts the inverter can handle or put out. I am familiar with AGM batteries, LiPo batteries, C ratings, mAh, Ah, Amps, etc.

I make my own coils for my RDA for vaporizing e Juice. I know how to measure out the kanthal A1 resistance wire to hit target resistances. etc. I have made a really nice, but simple Ohms law calculator for Windows, and I understand 100% the formulas for Ohms Law. I've made apps for Windows OS for Battery life calculations, etc. etc.

I am actually in the middle of making heated clothing using an ATX Desktop Power Supply, and PTFE Stranded 30AWG Wire. I also have made an app for Windows OS to calculate the resistance of the wire for the heated clothing that I would like to make.

I am trying to understand and learn how to make an Inverter. I am also aware of Mouser Electronics, McMaster-Carr, etc.

I want to learn how to make a sine wave inverter. I'm a Amazon Prime member, and I can purchase a Pure Sine Wave inverter if I want, but I don't want to buy one, I want to learn how to make one. Anyone can buy anything, I want to learn how to make things that normal people don't know crap about. I am not normal, and I would like to learn how to make a sine wave inverter. 12vdc - 120vac.

I also know how to convert an ATX Desktop power supply, and turn it into a high current, 12vdc power supply.

Can someone help me?

Guest3123

Joined Oct 28, 2014
It's too advanced.. I'm not ready to make an inverter, even though kids from other countries have made them. Maybe in 10 years from now, if ever.. I'll be able to understand what's going on in those PDF's.. I'll just stick to basic stuff for now. Thanks for the help guys.