12V to 220V Power Inverter

elezar

Joined Oct 9, 2014
we were ask to design a power inverter 12 volts input 220 volts output using only discrete components.... how can i come up with that circuit.. Help please... i cant arrive to the right output

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Start with the basic concept that the power out will always be less, sometimes much less, than the power in. Then break the problem down into manageable pieces. What circuits besides PWM do you think might be helpful. We can't do your project for you, but we can steer your in the right direction.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
is it possible to have an all discrete components to have a successful PWM circuit?
The circuit was combined with pulse generator and pwm circuit, you can choose anyone to work.

If you could trace the circuit, you will find that without the 6p dip switches and wires, the circuit still can works fine, if you would like to using pwm circuit then you just shorted the point 2 and 3 that is.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
we were ask to design a power inverter 12 volts input 220 volts output using only discrete components.... how can i come up with that circuit.. Help please... i cant arrive to the right output
Your title and pwn function are two different things, you can't mix together, you can google : 12v to 220v inverter circuit diagram, they will give you a lots of ideas.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
why ask for a power invertor from 12 to 220 then say you want a pwm out of discrete parts? a simploe inverter from 12 to 220 volts can use a power oacilator with a step up transformer in the output, a lot simpler than a pwm.

elezar

Joined Oct 9, 2014
i have now a circuit of power inverter using two thyristors (SCR), the problem is the transformer here are all step down and not my needed component..... i'll change my transformer using voltage multiplier... what can you suggest :) ?

Johann

Joined Nov 27, 2006
Have a look at http://www.instructables.com/file/FHT2PO7HX90TIB8

Sorry, not really what you want.

Do comparator I.C.s, OP-Amps, 555s etc also qualify as discreet components in your design?

Check out the following, it might give you some ideas: http://homemadecircuitsandschematics.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-build-pure-sine-wave-inverter.html
The dual op-amp TL072 is A1 and A2. The IC1 is IC2 in the parts list. (555).
In practise, the circuit needs a very small "dead-time" between positive and negative transitions of the composite waveform. It also needs proper voltage and current feedback. This is not done in this example, but good enough for a small project.

Last edited by a moderator: