12v battery low voltage positive out

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by lukebriggs, Oct 22, 2009.

1. lukebriggs

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi there,
    I have a project i have been working on for a few days now. we have a radio repeater that needs to be positioned at a secluded site with no main power for miles. Originally we had solar pannels and a wind turbine to charge two 12v leisure battery's, but as we live in england there is nowhere near enough sunlight or wind to charge the battery's.
    So we have moved on to a diesel generator, i have already built a relay circuit that will start the generator with one 300ma 12v constant, when the 12v drops off the generator shuts down, we also have a text messaging unit that can report back battery voltage and fuel level of the generator. What i want to accomplish is to make this generator auto start, so if any of you could help me with a circuit that will detect when the voltage of the battery's drops below 12v it will give me a positive out until the battery is fully charged and then the 12v drops off that wire which causes the generator to shutdown, any help would be very much appreciated.