12 volt to 13.5v-0-13.5v centertab

piranha3380

Joined May 28, 2013
heya guys i got a project to instal an 5.1 surround into my company van,
it almost has 8 track so no support for any kind of mp3,

i dont want to alter the van itself so it has to be installed in sutch a way that it can be removed by picking it up and walking away,

now i got this 5.1 that i got laying around and i whant that in my van to connect to my Phone,

it has an 12v 185 watt converter output built in so i can draw power from that, it has to be cheap and working this weekend if possible,

the 5.1 is powered from 230v to 13.5-0-13.5 whit 2.4 amps per pair,
tryed powering it from a 12 volt battery but it seems (as i feared) to use the 27 volt to power controlls of sorts

i have ferrite torroid coils at hand so any circuit that runs of 12 volts whit an ne555 and a coil whould be most usefull,
ofcours it has to be a center tab aswel to have the 14-0-14 it whants

any feedback or input whould help alot, i could figgure this out alone but ideas of what whould work or personal input on a project whent wrong is Always appreciated

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U need a DC to DC converter as used in car amps. It coverts 12V to ± Bus DC voltage that an amp would require
Building a DC to DC converter for car use is very tricky and needs experience in this kind of circuits.

Better read this

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
A basic two transistor self resonant push pull power oscillator may do what you need.

Simple and minimal component count plus easy to use any of your toroid cores as a the base for making a transformer.

*facepalm**facedesk*

Why cant ppl be happy with the stock audio the cars come with from factory which is almost always better than any custom installs anyways.

And 5.1 surround ? BLAHSPEMY!! Such thing have no buissness beeing in a car, in fact 5.1 surround is **** in all regards!

2.0 stereo is where its at, and nothing else.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
5.1 Sound is better t0o if you know how to build them.
With active crossovers and quality amps it's a blast

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Well. I made one. As soon as I was using it, someone wanted it.

It's best when you are watching Dolby surround movie