12 volt inverter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by thangavelsm3246, Apr 28, 2010.

1. thangavelsm3246

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    i need circuit diagram 12 DC to a 220 AC converter and watts range is 1000watts. pls help me.... this is my mail id: <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    This is not a really practical project, especially starting from scratch. For instance, that 1000 watt output will take a 12 volt battery that can supply over 84 amps of current. Any losses will increase that current. That means multiple batteries and very heavy conductors.

kingdano likes this.
  3. VoodooMojo

Nov 28, 2009
    a few years ago I found this one on the internet.
    google search "1000 watt inverter circuit". Thats how I found it.

I remember having to tweek a few things but exactly what escapes me at the moment. I am on a mission now so time is tight.

I needed it to power a small mig welder (240 volt) at a remote location.
    It worked well.
    I am away from the shop until the weekend so I don't have access to the reworked drawings or component values and numbers for my 240 volt til then.

Beenthere says it like it is.
    I ran mine off a V8 engine with a 125 amp alternator and a secondary battery. Otherwise you will need a DC forklift sized battery for any worthwhile run time.

Edit:
    I used a voltage converter/stabalizer for the voltage bump up.
    I had most all the components so the cost to me was nil but it may end up being a costly endeavor from scratch.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    !DSeva likes this.
  4. !DSeva

Jun 27, 2007

very nice, thanks

5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    hey mojo
    I like to discuss about that inverter but not here.