12 v bus door wiring

Altune

Joined Jan 3, 2011
I am trying to wire a bus door to open and close using 4 relays. Two for a momentary power source open/ close ( latching ) and two for switch reversing of the 12 v motor.

The bus also has 2 micro switches on at each end of the doors open / close locations. they are open when at the full extent ( open / close )

I have sat down with a pad to determine wiring and have no good ideas as to how to terminate the latching relay at the end of the run.

The switch on the dash gives a momentary power, I can get the latching system to supply the switch reversing relays, then stop by diconecting the latch relay's ground. Just not sure how to go the other way.

Using 5 prong 30 amp relay's

Any help appreciated.
Alan

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The two switches on the door you mentioned are LIMIT switches.

They need to be included in the circuit in such a way, as to cut power to the motor should the door reach that position.

Are these DPDT relays, or SPDT?

I don't see a need for more than three relays to do the job. Can you post your wiring schematic, or what ever you have so far?

Altune

Joined Jan 3, 2011
The relays are 5 prong single throw.

The door on the bus does not operate due to the on board relay malfunctioning.

I understand the contact switches at the end of the limit ( door ) just not sure how to cut current to the motor, then reset the circuit for the return.

Al