10mm led flashing diode red and green

Corrells

Joined May 16, 2016
I have bought 20 each of red and green 10mm flashing diodes. I am putting them into navigation markers to be used for Naval cadets. There are ten lights and all are separate. My query is once hooked up they flash twice per second way too fast for explaining to cadets. Is there a way to slow the flash rate down to say once every 2 seconds?
All help gratefully acknowledged.

20 PCS) 10mm Red blinking Pre Wired LED Light 5v 6v 9V 12V DC Bulb flashing
Corrells

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I have bought 20 each of red and green 10mm flashing diodes. I am putting them into navigation markers to be used for Naval cadets. There are ten lights and all are separate. My query is once hooked up they flash twice per second way too fast for explaining to cadets. Is there a way to slow the flash rate down to say once every 2 seconds?
All help gratefully acknowledged.

20 PCS) 10mm Red blinking Pre Wired LED Light 5v 6v 9V 12V DC Bulb flashing
Corrells
What do you mean "too fast for explaining to cadets"?
How are you going to use them for navigation?

Corrells

Joined May 16, 2016
They are set into red and green cones and the blink rate is twice per second. I have 12 cones 6 of each red and green. They have the above in them and I think is too fast for explaining a blink rate to cadets.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
They are set into red and green cones and the blink rate is twice per second. I have 12 cones 6 of each red and green. They have the above in them and I think is too fast for explaining a blink rate to cadets.
If those LEDs won't work for you I have some questions?
What voltage would you like to run the LEDs on? How many? Do you have a target price?
Simple LED flasher, LM3909, if you can find them any more.
Transistor circuit? Two transistors to an LED?
Do they all have to blink independently or can two or more blink together? All blink together?
How far apart will they be?

(edited to add ...)
How about a two transistor LED flasher?

Attachments

Last edited: