100v injector driver circuit from a 12v system

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sentein, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sentein

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Okay i have a couple ideas to use a Stand alone fuel management system on my diesel. This is all well and good but i have a slight problem. The system i will try to use to run my engine is meant for a gas engine. The injectors for a gas engine are 12v with a switching ground to actuate the injector. In the diesel i will need to switch the positive with a constant grounding source. That in itself is easy enough really. The voltage used on the diesel injectors is much higher though. I need to come up with a circuit that will output up to 100v preferably using the switching ground of the stand alone system.

I know capacitors are really not the key to this. i was thinking of using the same primary and seconday windings as a coil would use but the voltage from something that big would destroy my injectors. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to build it onto a circuit board if at all possible. By the way in case anyone needs to know i will be using the Megasquirt system in this build as i am already used to tuning with it.

Thank you for any input, i hope the answer is not too obvious.
  2. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    The F series V8 diesel uses about 100V DC for there injectors. Since i didnt have any trouble with the F trucks I didnt bother to find out how it was generated from 12V. I asumed they used a DC 12v to 100V DC inverter for injector power.
  3. sentein

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    So no one else has anything?
  4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Google 'DC to DC converter'
  5. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010