100 w amp

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by pinoy_ako, Nov 15, 2007.

1. pinoy_ako

Thread Starter Member

Jun 6, 2005
    can anyone tell me the difference between tip147 and tip147f?

2. cheddy

Oct 19, 2007
    maybe they are just different shapes. they are for industrial use apparently, the F appears to have a larger surface area, perhaps to attach a heat sink.

3. Gadget

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2006
    I think you will find the F version has an Isolated tab, so it can be bolted directly to a heatsink without a washer kit.

4. cheddy

Oct 19, 2007
    I feel smart for having figured this out with absolutely no previous knowledge that transistor heat sinks even existed :)

5. Gadget

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2006
    They both have the same surface area as far as I know, but the standard transistor case has a metal tab which is electrically and physically connected to the Collector of the transistor chip. If using a heatsink it must be electrically isolated from the heatsink in most instances. The F version uses a composite coated tab which allows thermal transfer while providing electrical isolation.

6. mozikluv

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 22, 2004
    the TIP147 is a complementary npn-pnp darlington with built in antiparallel EC diode and case in TO-218. It has Ic of -10A

the TIP147F is pnp darlington with built in antiparallel EC diode and case in TO-03PF. It has Ic of 10A

moz

7. peranders

May 21, 2007
    In other words: The same chip but different packages.