10 button keyboard

kostakosale

Joined Apr 21, 2014
i want to make a 10-button keyboard.
Can anyone tell me first off all what i need to have a driver on my keyboard(like rom) and what i need to identify the keys that i will press.

I am a beginner but i know some staff.

kostakosale

Joined Apr 21, 2014
i want just to make a simple 10 button keyboard with usb connection.
in the begging i want to make one butoon keyboard with whatever letter to type when i press it.
i want to make it on this board

i want to now the part that i should buy and connect buttons and pc.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Your project is not so simple that you may describe it. To me it looks like you want to make a simple USB keyboard emulator with 10 keys. Do you have any programming experience using micro-controllers? If this is not some academic project. I would perhaps recommend getting something of the shelf

kostakosale

Joined Apr 21, 2014
recommend me some books and i will search them or similar to my university library.
I am an electrical engineer but i am in early year so if you could tell me some good books it would be very nice.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I use those boards for prototype builds all the time. They are very good quality. I use a mix of SMD resistors & caps with chips in either in DIP form or on DIP adapters.

This is not the best beginner's project but you are free to pick your starting point. Learning some USB tricks can be very useful, it really is not that hard.

I use Microchip for my micro controllers. They have tons to info at their site, perhaps too much. Also, they have just changed the libraries and compilers (free to download) so much of the documents have not caught up. Older libraries and compilers are still there so the old docs still work.

Another place to check is http://www.lvr.com/usbc.htm that has excellent info on USB (and other serial ports too).

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Have you got this assignment just out of the blue? That sound very strange to me. This is a task given as a final project project for some micro controller course is it not. So you should at least have some programming experience

kostakosale

Joined Apr 21, 2014
I already have buttons,resistors capasitors and boards like the picture in the previous post.
I have to buy a MCU and something for usb connection.
I think i can afford that.