1.5kw single phase motor

Nev1

Joined Jun 18, 2016
Hi all,

I would be very grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction. I have replaced a single phase motor on a stone saw bench. The original motor had been replaced and the replacement is just wrong too small etc. So I have replaced this with a capacity start and run 1.5 kw single phase motor 2800rpm. My question is what type of switch do I need for this type of motor, is a DOL start type switch needed even though the motor has the capacitors to start and run the motor.

Thanks in advance.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You don't show your C. o O. so you could be in a loc. with 240vac if so the current will be proportionally lower than N.A. 120vac and you could use a simple A/C switch or any 20amp similar switch.
Max.

Nev1

Joined Jun 18, 2016
The start and run capacitors a controlled internally in the motor. While you don't give the voltage of the motor, a switch sized for the volts and HP of the motor should be selected. Being a 2HP motor it's at the place where a single phase contactor would probably be wise, though a switch rated at 2HP would also work. https://www.google.com/search?q=2hp+contactor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Hi thanks for the reply,

The motor is 240v, I have checked the link and it's takes me to a Google search page. Could you recommend one I don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is a leviton DPST 20 amps which should be plenty, if in N.A. the H.D. No. is Model # 0CSB2-775 | Store SKU # 1000159440
Max.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hi thanks for the reply,

The motor is 240v, I have checked the link and it's takes me to a Google search page. Could you recommend one I don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks
Without your location in your profile it was easier to just give a Google page and let you sort it out. The one available in your location would be correct.