1:1 transformer question reg:

onlyvinod56

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Hello,

IN brief,

I want to trigger a mosfet/igbt with a pulse train of duty cycle 30% with 50Hz frequency.

Does the 1:1 pulse transformer responds to this signal?
Should i require any driving circuit?

onlyvinod56

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Any small info about pulse transformer is enough to proceed my discussion.
160 views but not even a reply.

Anybody worked on rectifiers.......

It will be thankful...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
160 views but not even a reply.
This is because your needs are not clear. No one knew how to reply. Where's a schematic? What is a "pulse transformer"? Why did you ask about rectifiers? Why not just use the "normal" DIY solution of a 555 timer to provide your pulse train? More information will help people give you better answers.

A dedicated driver may not be needed at 50Hz, where the drive currents are not so large.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I saw your first question earlier today. And it was unclear. So at that moment i did not have time engage me in it. To me it look like you are confusing the function of a thyristor or TRIAC with mosfet/igbt. So it would help if you clear things up.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hello,

IN brief,

I want to trigger a mosfet/igbt with a pulse train of duty cycle 30% with 50Hz frequency.

Does the 1:1 pulse transformer responds to this signal?
Should i require any driving circuit?
Proably not. They are designed for short pulses or higther frequency. You would be better off using an opto-coupler.

Dan.

onlyvinod56

Joined Oct 14, 2008
A dedicated driver may not be needed at 50Hz, where the drive currents are not so large.
Thanks....thats all i want.

and regarding the schematic you are asking.......

there are many circuits where i want to use this pulse transformer.
example: a 5 level diode clamped multi level inverter.

Total 16 mosfets, 8 on each leg. I cannot use that many opto couplers. Iwant to eliminate the isolated power supplies. i want to use pulse transformer for each mosfet.