0-60 Counter, with Start/Stop and Reset functions.

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by kirinoarashi, Nov 6, 2013.

1. kirinoarashi

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    My assignment is to create a stopwatch, which counts from 0-59, and recycles. However, there are to be two added functions, such as a Start/Stop and a Reset/Stop function.

I have done a circuit which is able to count from 0-59, and can recycle. The reset button is also working fine. However, upon adding the Start/Stop button, it counts from 00-59, and can pause and resume properly during the counting, but it does not recycle any more. Now, I have to manually push the Start/Stop button for the counter to begin again.

Is there any way for me to not need activate the counter manually when it stops at 00?

P.S. I am new to Multisim, hence(and please do forgive) the ugly mess of my circuit.
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Instead of just giving us a schematic and us having to reverse engineer your design, how about walking through your design using a state diagram and transition tables and such. In the process of doing that, you will very likely find your problem and how to fix it, but if not we will be in a much better position to provide suggestions.