Idea physical motion for first responder

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Hi guys, my assignment is to do a system where first responder( police ,firemen ,medical staff ect ) can apply wireless physical motion in emergency situation . After surfing internet, the most i can find is using physical motion to control robots, drones, or scrolling maps. Any innovative ideas ? Difficulty of idea is not taken into consideration ( as long as it is possible to be done and not too expensive with a budget limit of usd2000) i reali hope all of u can suggest me with some innovative idea thx

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
a system where first responder( police ,firemen ,medical staff ect ) can apply wireless physical motion in emergency situation
Apply motion to what? What is the wireless for? What emergency situation?

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
It didnt specify, the title requires us to design a system where input of first responder is used for emergency situation, anything as long as it is related to this. For example the physical motion of the first responder is detected by laptops and the laptops se d those signal to certain device for emergency response, but now i haven thought of any innovative idea, any idea in your mind?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I believe you should begin by researching what chores a first responder is concerned with. Triage of patients, crowd control, ongoing threat assessment, communication to other responders, and so on. Pick one of those chores and start to take it apart into component activities. Every situation is different, so you need to identify some common elements. Talking to an actual first responder would be a good place to start.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Sounds like a [3-axis accelerometer to a microprocessor to a wireless transmitter] on the first responder's body, sending periodic signals to a [wireless receiver to a laptop]...to detect and alarm if there is a lack of motion on the part of the first responder.

Is that it?

Ken

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Sry i think overlook ur answer , actually what u say is right, an accelerometer on the firsr responder, then send wirelessly to. A laptop . Any idea?

Last edited: