Typo

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Verified..

An inductor's opposition to change in current translates to an opposition to alternating current in general, which is by definition always changing in instantaneous magnitude and direction. This opposition to alternating current is similar to resistance, but different in that it always results in a phase shift between current and voltage, and it dissipates zero power. Because of the differences, it has a different name: reactance. Reactance to AC is expressed in ohms, just like resistance is, except that its mathematical symbol is X instead of R. To be specific, reactance associate with an inductor is usually symbolized by the capital letter X with a letter L as a subscript, like this: XL.

chipwitch

Joined Mar 29, 2013
Bill, I'm still not sure... Is the sticky for posting errors in the ebook, or do you want those errors posted in a new thread. I think your use of the word "writeup" is throwing me. I read it that you want errors posted in the sticky, just keep the verbosity down and no discussions or commentary. Is that correct?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The feedback can be given in separate threads.
The sticky will collect the links to the threads for the eBook coordinator Dennis.
Most times Bill_Marsden will put the links in the sticky.

Bertus

Last edited:

chipwitch

Joined Mar 29, 2013
Great. Thanks! I've encountered a few errors before I was a member and could post. I'll point them out as I find them. I'm constantly referring to them. They're a great resource.