App idea how do I get paid?

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
I have an idea for an app, I think it would sell world wide... the sand... the sun... I had better watch my language I have read the rules... I can smell the money!

I cannot give the idea away, so I cant tell you what it is.

I dont know any thing about programing, I just know what I wat it to do... money is my sole motivation.

Where do I start?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Create the app and sell it on Apple App Store. It is a fairly simple and straight forward process. 70% of the revenue goes to you.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
You can find tutorials online telling you how to design and program the app. Without knowing what you're doing , we here won't be of much help. We can't help you write code for something that we don't know about :p

Matt

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Obviously you do not wish to discuss your idea on a public forum.

Recently we had a poster with an idea that I thought had merits. I advised him to have the post deleted and go find a patent attorney. That's what he did, I assume.

Go find yourself a trusted programmer who can create the app for you. Make sure you get them to sign a non-disclosure, non-compete agreement.

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
Any app desigers wanting to come in on a non disclosure, non compete agreement round here?
We get paid when we get paid... its a good idea ... it will def sell fairly big... it involves GPS ...

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
I also have an idea for a program or bit of a program which does not involve GPS or iphones etc.
It will sell to the electronics world... many on this forum would buy it... I would buy it, it is simple but very useful, someone who knows what they are doing could prob get it working in a day ...

Any one interested.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What steps have you taken to see if what you want to do hasn't already been done? And just saying that you've looked around on the internet won't do it for you.

A couple months ago I thought I had a really good idea that was so simple and could be incorporated into new models of alarm clocks real easily. Basically, I've had alarm clocks that I can adjust the snooze time on, but I don't want to do that because, invariably, sooner or later I will hit the snooze and it will be for an hour when on that morning I needed to get out of bed after ten minutes to make an important appointment. So I leave mine set for 15 minutes and then hit snooze several times on days that I don't have to get up right away. But then I'm getting my sleep in 15 minute intervals for the next hour or two. So I thought how cool it would be if you could just hit the snooze button multiple times when and have the snooze for just that instance be the programmed time multiplied by the number of times I hit the snooze in quick succession when the alarm goes off. Wonderful idea, right? Only firmware changes needed, right? Everyone would want to license it, right? The next morning, out of curiosity, I hit my snooze multiple times just to see what it did. Guess what, it did EXACTLY what I had just come up with! So I had to kiss those millions of dollars bye bye. But at least I learned about a feature of my alarm clock that I have used repeatedly since then -- almost worth the millions of dollars I lost.

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
There are two threads in one here, one is an app, that to the best of my knowledge it has never been done ... it is complicated but will sell world wide.

The other is a program to sympilfy circuit board analysis... this is simple but very very useful.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There are two threads in one here, one is an app, that to the best of my knowledge it has never been done ... it is complicated but will sell world wide.
But what does, "to the best of my knowledge" mean? How much real research have you done? Remember, you are not offering to pay someone to write an app for you, you are asking someone to do the work on spec and they only get paid if and when the thing takes off. That in and off itself is a lot of risk -- and will be reflected in the terms of the agreement -- but if you can't provide that potential programmer with some fairly serious market evaluation and prior art research, they won't take you very seriously or they will want even better terms.

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
I have looked at some tutorials on iphones (thanks for the tip) they say I need an apple comp and a knowledge of C-programing.
I have bought a copy of C-programing made simple... I collect it in 2 weeks (when I will be in that area) I will read it soon.

Both myself and others with a similar interest welcome constructive comment.

vpoko

Joined Jan 5, 2012
I have looked at some tutorials on iphones (thanks for the tip) they say I need an apple comp and a knowledge of C-programing.
I have bought a copy of C-programing made simple... I collect it in 2 weeks (when I will be in that area) I will read it soon.

Both myself and others with a similar interest welcome constructive comment.
Remember that if you want to program for an iPhone, you need to learn Objective-C, which is quite a bit different from C and C++.

piratepaul

Joined May 20, 2013
OK, I am clueless OK, I will google that... just think ... the sand (silicone ) the sun (energy) what fun... what sort of hardware do I need?

It will def sell in a big way!