What's the most annoying type of answer you get to technical questions on AAC?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I think the most annoying type of answer that I get is, "That won't work because blah, blah, blah. You should have known better, and the answer is so obvious I won't bother to state it."

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
The most annoying question is one without enough information to do more than guess what is meant. Or the question that you have to ask 20 more questions in order to give an informed answer.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Google has chanced,you google a topic...you get related items of todays

news. They never get to a good search anyone....the first 10 headlines of

nothing pertaining to your search. They have all the news. Annoying tax

increases,don't question them.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The most annoying question is one without enough information to do more than guess what is meant. Or the question that you have to ask 20 more questions in order to give an informed answer.
Or when the question is a homework question that is complete drivel.... and when we suggest the student should ask the teacher what the question should actually say, the OP replies the teacher doesn't let them ask questions.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I think the most annoying answers are ones that assume the OP has full knowledge of a subject.

There is one particular forum member (I think he might be gone now) that would answer my questions with very brief and cryptic responses and then not follow up. It was getting to a point where I was going to ask the member not to respond to my posts.

If you don't have time to help the person then it is probably best to not post at all because other forum members might assume your question is being handled. It's probably fine to post a brief response to the question but also mention something like "Feel free to ask more questions if you need more details".

Just don't leave people hanging if it can be avoided.

But I think you can get a feel for how much help the OP is going to need by the way they ask the question.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Or when the question is a homework question that is complete drivel.... and when we suggest the student should ask the teacher what the question should actually say, the OP replies the teacher doesn't let them ask questions.
Yeah I love those. Or one recently that mention the instructor permit them to read the data sheet.

But the most annoying questions are ones like:

"I need an industrial control system to run my factory, please provide me with the circuit diagram".

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
People who are new to programming quite often think using a debugger. Is something that they do not need to learn or do not need at all. Then they are stuck. They simply post the code here, with the description "my code does work plzzzzz help". Hoping the forum will act as one-click debugging service. Then such questions pop up on the forum. I feel a great joy. To ask them what kind of debugging they have done.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
People who are new to programming quite often think using a debugger. Is something that they do not need to learn or do not need at all. Then they are stuck. They simply post the code here, with the description "my code does work plzzzzz help". Hoping the forum will act as one-click debugging service. Then such questions pop up on the forum. I feel a great joy. To ask them what kind of debugging they have done.

We have one user that does that all of the time. When told about it, he continues his behavior without apolgy.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Thinking about it. It must be the OP from hell. He/she ask for help. But in a strange way ignore every advice given. Instead the OP carry on developing his/here idea of what is wrong. And then those ideas fail. A new post is made asking for more help.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I'm sure I will be guilty of asking dumb questions, but; that's how I got so damn good at my Trade.;)

So many of those old Tool and Die Makers, were not very helpful of giving out trade secrets back in the day.

Everyone I trained later, I answered all their questions.
I wanted them to be as good as me.:D

Of course, that never happened.........:D

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
There is one particular forum member (I think he might be gone now) that would answer my questions with very brief and cryptic responses and then not follow up.
That's the reason the entire world has gone to "online technical support" which they claim is "for your convenience". It's for their convenience bcause they can post some four word reply or a URL to some general purpose FAQ question so they don't have to "waste" their time answering questions.