Forgive me

Charakomata

Joined May 6, 2012
Hey there,

Forgive me, this is probably one of the dumbest questions here, but I'm hoping someone can help me out nonetheless..
If I want to use this a vibration switch to active a light bulb, how do I hook it up?
I've been searching the internet for quite some time now, but I can't seem to get an example circuit for the switch. I'm guessing it's pretty simple, but somehow I can't get it to work.
I have my batteries, wires and light bulb. How do I wire it on the switch?
The switch has three pins:
- GND
- 5V
- Output
I understand these are very basic (i.e. dumb) questions, but if someone is willing to take the time and explain me how to hook it up, that would be very kind! Or a link to an example circuit would be awesome as well.
Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
can't get that link to work for me now but I found another site mentioning it (but very little)..

seems like it just outputs a "high" (5V) when the trigger point is reached.. and the trigger point is adjustable via the potentiometer.. Is that correct?

SPQR

Joined Nov 4, 2011
Hi,
I don't think you're going to be able to use that one to turn on a light.
It is a board with lots of circuitry on it, and when the board vibrates/moves, a "HI" signal is sent out of the "OUT" pin.
When the board is not moving, a "LOW" signal is on the "OUT" pin.

You'd need lots of extra circuity to just turn on a light - unless the light is an LED.

So you could
5volts to the Vcc pin.
'-' to the GND pin.
connect the "OUT" pin to an LED with a 330 ohm resistor connected to GND.

Shake the device and the LED should come on.

A larger light would need a driver, relay, capacitors, resistors, arc welder, crane, and all kinds of extra stuff.:)

Charakomata

Joined May 6, 2012
Thanks for the replies.
I guess that's what it does, mcgyvr, judging by SPQR's post.
Ah okay, SPQR, so it's not something I can use right out of the box.. That explains why I'm not getting it to work ;) I'll try it with a LED and get a 330 ohm resistor.
Thanks for taking the time to reply :D
If anyone has suggestions for a ready to use vibration switch, I'm all ears!