Below picture shows the two questions

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Help with determining logic state of outputs of input clocks
Below picture shows the two questions

Thanks for your help.
Come on. You have been around long enough to know how this works. You need to show some effort at solving the problem and we will help guide you to a solution. The more work you show, the quicker the process proceed.

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Come on. You have been around long enough to know how this works. You need to show some effort at solving the problem and we will help guide you to a solution. The more work you show, the quicker the process proceed.
I was reading the book...but didnt get it ...
do we start with the last column...is that in toggle?

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
if you know it..then it would be helpful to explain how you got to the answer...so I will learn...thanks in advance...
eed it by tomorrow...so any one can help that will be great....

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I was reading the book...but didnt get it ...
do we start with the last column...is that in toggle?
If the output of the last column is a product of the inputs that go into the first column, and if each column feeds into the next column, then how can you start with the last column?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to start wi th the column that is directly affected by the inputs.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
if you know it..then it would be helpful to explain how you got to the answer...so I will learn...thanks in advance...
Actually, it probably wouldn't be helpful. You text has explained it and your instructor has explained it. So if all we do is work it for you and explain it, then you will not learn this time, either. Instead, you will get credit for work that is not yours and, in the end, become another incompetent engineer who will sooner or later make a mistake that will kill people. So you need to struggle with it and try, which you seem very resistant to, or to fail and go into another field of study where, hopefully, you won't pose a risk to society.

eed it by tomorrow...so any one can help that will be great....
It is not our problem that you put it off to the last minute.

Instead of spending time trying to come up with the next chapter in a sad story about how we should just do your work for you, why don't you spend that time actually trying to do the work your self and posting what you have done and how far you have gotten. Why is that such a hard concept for you to grab onto?

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
If the output of the last column is a product of the inputs that go into the first column, and if each column feeds into the next column, then how can you start with the last column?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to start wi th the column that is directly affected by the inputs.
in the example we did...we started from the last one...and it was in toggle...so that why i was wondering

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Actually, it probably wouldn't be helpful. You text has explained it and your instructor has explained it. So if all we do is work it for you and explain it, then you will not learn this time, either. Instead, you will get credit for work that is not yours and, in the end, become another incompetent engineer who will sooner or later make a mistake that will kill people. So you need to struggle with it and try, which you seem very resistant to, or to fail and go into another field of study where, hopefully, you won't pose a risk to society.

It is not our problem that you put it off to the last minute.

Instead of spending time trying to come up with the next chapter in a sad story about how we should just do your work for you, why don't you spend that time actually trying to do the work your self and posting what you have done and how far you have gotten. Why is that such a hard concept for you to grab onto?
lol u violated...it was a just a h.w..why making it a big issue bro...:(

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
we will eventually go over in the class anyway...i just wanted to get start ahead to understand it better....if u think i wont understand it if u help me...thn i guess i wud wait till my instructor go over it...
thanks for the advise

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i think this is the one...
the last one is in toggle...so goes like 0,1,0,1,0
The scan makes it impossible to read the right hand side.

What are you calling "the last one"? The signals in this circuit progress from right to left, so the right-most one is the first one, not the last one.

But, even so, if you would post the work that yields the solution to this problem, we can use it as a starting point. But I won't hold by breath on that happening.

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
we start from X0..nothing is connected to X0...shud it be toggle...
or that example I posted later is not related to this problem

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I can see the picture. Which way do you think the data is flowing? If you wanted to solve X0, what would you need to know?

You have 4 FFs and a set of data, which FF is directly receiving the data?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Justtrying is asking you if your data is flowing from 1) FF/A to FF/D or from 2) FF/D to FF/A.

If the data flow is 1), then the inputs of FF/A is important and it was not shown clearly in your picture:confused:

Allen