All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Electronics Resources

Notices

Electronics Resources Get help with all types of electronics resources, including books, websites, datasheets, technical literature, and software.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Semiconductor Reference Book

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a free Semiconductor Reference Book. As much as I love the online ones, sometimes I'm not near a computer when working with components, and it'd be nice to have a reference like the ones at my college. My teacher spoke of how some companies will provide them free, and was curious if they exist and how I would obtain one.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 AM

National Semi has a databook you can order for free. IRF has an MS Excel spreadsheet. Ask the local rep or distributer...they are usually happy to accommodate.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Many of the semiconductor manufacturer's have abandoned the practice of publishing databooks since PDF datasheets are much easier to control and keep updated as the devices evolve.

That said, I am sure you can still find databooks but they are a bit rare. They are becoming collector's items now.

hgmjr
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 AM

Philips Semiconductors did a superb set of data books - the SC and IC series.. I do not know if they are still in print - Latest one I have is IC12 published 2000. try http://www.semiconductors.philips.com
Nope - Just tried link - now NXP.. All in pdf
Just checked the books I have - all available as pdf, but not printed any more.. old ones being sold at high prices.. I have 12 Philips books I got free.. Now would cost me about £300 second hand!

Last edited by FredM; 11-01-2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 PM

You can carry all the data in CD-ROM or DVD in your pocket and you'd need a truckload of paper books instead. Good riddance to the old books. I dumped tons of them which were taking up space. A laptop can hold all the datasheets you may need and which would be impossible to carry with you.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Salgat, I'm afraid but you'll have to plan your electronic hoppy more or work near a computer
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Credits : Contributor List
Worksheet Electrical conduction in semiconductors
Textbook Transistor ratings and packages : Bipolar Junction Transistors