Problems with Videos

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
In the first catagory of the videos, only Circuit Simulation worked. I did check the first one in the second catagory and it loaded.

Which one's are you having trouble with?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Part of the problem is the video are an after thought to this site. I will email the administrator about the problem.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't feel a need for videos and suspect they use up a LOT of server space compared to the information they can convey to a learner. Better to host them on Utube or similar.

StasKO

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I don't feel a need for videos and suspect they use up a LOT of server space compared to the information they can convey to a learner. Better to host them on Utube or similar.
yeah youtube is fine..
for me they are very useful because they make order in my mind since they are very clear and understandable.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@curry87,
Did you see the link I gave in post #11.
They are not the videos as on the AAC, but from a lot of colleges in india and england.

Bertus

curry87

Joined May 30, 2010
I did Bertus look at that link you provided but couldn't find the ones from allaboutcircuits.com .Its a real pain that the videos stopped working as i was half way though watching them all.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all,

The videos are functioning again, sorry for the delay.

Tim, the creator of the videos, recently changed the format from flash to mpeg-4 in order to have the videos supported by more devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.).

If you notice any problems, please post in this thread.

Rob

bcmeyers

Joined May 31, 2012
I now see a 'Black' window with a play button than when 'Clicked' changes to a downloading indicator that is not moving.

There still appears to be a problem with the change of format.

I'm using Windows 7, 64bit, Intel I5 processor, MS IE, MS Media Player.

Hope this valuable resource returns soon.

bcmeyers

Joined May 31, 2012
I have tested on different computer using Chrome and Real Player instead of IE9 and MS Media Player and was able to view videos. Returned to original computer and was able to view using Chrome and MS Media Player. When using IE9 I had to select 'Compatibility Mode to view videos. Note: It appears that the videos have returned to the 'Flash' format.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks for the feedback bcmeyers, I will look into this.

I chose to use videojs to display the videos, which uses the new HTML5 tag [ video ] for browsers that support native mp4 playback (chrome, safari, IE9) and falls back to flash for other browsers.

I've tested on Chrome 19, Firefox 12, Safari 5.1, and IE 8.0 and the videos were running properly.

Matthews

Joined Dec 12, 2011
The only problem with Utube is the sporatic playtime, there's often a stop and start episode while watching them. I need the all about circuits videos, I hope a solution to the problem comes before the fall semester. I have Industrial Electronics I, Digital Fundamentals II, Productivity tools for engineeres, National Electric Code, and commercial wiring. Not to mention Calculus I