All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > The Projects Forum

Notices

The Projects Forum Working on an electronics project and would like some suggestions, help or critiques? If you would like to comment or assist others with their projects, this is the place to do it.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM

Would this do anything? If so what value would the componets need to be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diagram.jpg (10.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 AM

So if I'm not mistaken, you have 2 x 1600W wind generators and a 300W diversion load. Why not simply increase this diversion capacity to 3.2kW (I see no reason you can't parallel 3 controllers to achieve this)?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclem View Post
So if I'm not mistaken, you have 2 x 1600W wind generators and a 300W diversion load. Why not simply increase this diversion capacity to 3.2kW (I see no reason you can't parallel 3 controllers to achieve this)?
If my calculations are correct, in the current configuration the resistor bank can dissipate about 800 watts at 28.4 volts (diversion load cut-in) under reasonable conditions this is enough to prevent overcharging. however we run into allot of unreasonable.... we have been working with the manufacturer to find solutions. so far we have set the turbines so they yaw passively in higher winds, this limits the output to about 600 watts each ( manageable, but not ideal ). As you said, we can add more loading to handle greater current dissipation, but in lower wind speeds this cycles the controller allot resulting in damaged components. I dont know why, poor designs I suppose.

I would like to find a solution that will work effectively over a much wider operational range then currently available. we either have to much or to little wind. and the loads on the system vary greatly with use.

I don't know the answer to why not more load resistors, other than it effects the ability of the system to effectively charge the batteries properly.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the help.. I cracked the design, have a functional circuit built and I am testing it now. I did change the Opperations from brake to furling system. It still performs the same functions though.. the system can control the wind generator based on voltage of the battery bank and RPM of the rotor head..
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Tesla polyphase induction motors : Ac Motors
Worksheet Step-up, step-down, and isolation transformers
Textbook Stepper motors : Ac Motors
Textbook Synchronous Motors : Ac Motors
Worksheet DC motor control circuits
Worksheet DC generator theory
Textbook Automotive alternator : Ac Circuits