Electronic Dice simulation

mo_a

Joined Mar 27, 2012
Hi guys I'm new here,

I am currently working on a project that involves simulating electronic dice using a 555 timer, 4017, and a ULN2804. The circuit also contains 7 LEDs that would be arranged like the face of a dice.

I've tried to research and read up on how to change some of the connections to make the circuit work, but I am pretty lost and would really appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction or give me a few tips on how to complete this project.

Regards

Mo

Attachments

mo_a

Joined Mar 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply, I modified the circuit and the issue is still occuring which I should of mentioned in the original post sorry.

When the "push button" under R8 is pressed the LEDs that light up should change, the output from U3 does change, however the corresponding LEDs don't light up.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Your wiring for a dice roll of '4' is the same as for '5' (should not include D1). The master reset on U2 should be tied to Q6, not Q7.

You should verify the correct function of each section of the circuit. Does the 555 clock run at the expected rate? Do the outputs of the 4017 sequence correctly with a slow clock for testing? Do the LEDs light correctly if you manually jumper the inputs high? When lit, are the LED currents correct (I calculated 13mA for the pairs and 19mA for the single)?

Last edited: