All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > The Projects Forum

Notices

The Projects Forum Working on an electronics project and would like some suggestions, help or critiques? If you would like to comment or assist others with their projects, this is the place to do it.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Default One momentary switch to reverse motor

I am wanting to control the power windows in my truck with one spst momentary switch. I know I could easily use two but I want to be unique. If anyone could give me any ideas or things to look into I am not scared of researching ideas. I have looked into a few ICs and most seem to just pulse and that will not work for this application. I was thinking of using a counter IC but I don't know how to implement the momentary part.

I want to hold the one momentary switch down to roll the window down and then next time I hold the same momentary switch down it will roll the window up.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 PM

This can be done easily with DPDT relays and a couple of micro switches / reed switch.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

The All About Circuits forum Administrative Team has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/l_tos.html

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=54400

General info:
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input. Thanks for the verbage Wookie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags
, , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Time-delay electromechanical relays
Worksheet Latch circuits
Worksheet Servo motor systems
Worksheet Bipolar junction transistors as switches
Worksheet AC motor control circuits
Worksheet DC motor control circuits
Worksheet DC generator theory