All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Electronics Resources

Notices

Electronics Resources Get help with all types of electronics resources, including books, websites, datasheets, technical literature, and software.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 PM

Default LCD datasheet help

I have a cheap LCD labeled "PWB50240 OPTREX IM50240 (MADE IN JAPAN)" that uses only one HD44100H controller. I don't have any info about it. The weird thing is that the LCD has only 10 lines instead of the standard 14. Can anyone help me?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny@Nov 29 2004, 07:21 PM
I have a cheap LCD labeled "PWB50240 OPTREX IM50240 (MADE IN JAPAN)" that uses only one HD44100H controller. I don't have any info about it. The weird thing is that the LCD has only 10 lines instead of the standard 14. Can anyone help me?

You can get the datasheet here.
http://www.alldatasheet.net/datasheet-pdf/...I/HD44100H.html

Good luck
Old 12-04-2004, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny@Nov 30 2004, 08:21 AM

Can you send/post some detail pics of your LCD? Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?

Sounds weird if it has only 10 lines assuming that the standard for 8 Bit interface LCD should comes as 14 lines.

Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why. Assuming it is indeed a 4 Bit inteface it should come as:

1. 4 Bit Data Lines (D4 - D7) - 4 Lines
2. R/W, ENABLE, RS (Register Select) - 3 Lines
3. VDD, VSS and VContrast - 3 Lines

Then that makes 10 Lines. What do you think?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 PM

>>Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?
No. It seems a 2x16.

>>Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why.
I have been thinking the same, but how can I know it.

For these days I donīt have enough time, but I am beggining to check the 66100H datasheet (44100H replacement). I have made various web searchs and nobody seems to have info. In the only real search hit where is referenced this LCD is in a forum where there is someone that have the same problem that me: There is no info about it.

How is possible that exists a garbage electronic components around it (made by Optrex Japan) without any bit of info.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny@Dec 10 2004, 06:46 AM
>>Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?
No. It seems a 2x16.

>>Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why.
I have been thinking the same, but how can I know it.

For these days I donīt have enough time, but I am beggining to check the 66100H datasheet (44100H replacement). I have made various web searchs and nobody seems to have info. In the only real search hit where is referenced this LCD is in a forum where there is someone that have the same problem that me: There is no info about it.

How is possible that exists a garbage electronic components around it (made by Optrex Japan) without any bit of info.

Thanks
Anyway, it will be easier if you buy another 2x16 with 14 or 16 lines with it, and that will make you go ahead with what you want

On what platform are you going to use your LCD?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Attached is word doc with pinout, shift register organization and sample c code for PIC.

Christopher
Attached Files
File Type: doc optrex im50240.doc (63.5 KB, 92 views)
Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to brucey
Default OPTREX datasheets center

Here, I found one website that containes a lot of lcd datasheets , and hope it can be useful for you .

http://www.pdfsea.com/down/LCD-Datasheets/OPTREX/
Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Default lcd 40x4 pin configuration

respected sir,

I want the details of 40x4 and 16x2 lcd pin configuration, its internal data registers,and data sheets to my email address given below.

babu_br63@yahoo.co.in

thanking you,

with regards,

ramesh babu.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Greetings! And welcome to AAC!

Please refrain from "hijacking" existing threads with tangent or off-topic questions. You can create new threads for new questions using the "New Thread" button on the upper left of the page.

As many links for lcd information have already been given here, I feel it is time to lay this thread to rest.
"I want to establish in your mind very clearly that you must not think I deny all that I do not admit. On the contrary, I think there are many things which may be true, and which I shall receive as such hereafter, though I do not as yet receive them; but that is not because there is any proof to the contrary, but that the proof in the affirmative is not yet sufficient for me"
- Michael Faraday
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Digital display circuits