All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > All About Circuits Commmunity Forums > The Flea Market

Notices

The Flea Market A place for members to buy, sell and trade electronic parts.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 AM
E-book Developer

Default Huge Book of Cool Circuits

Darn! I had this ready to post, and accidentally deleted it while previewing it.

Some of you guys may know of, or even own, this book. I have Modern Electronic Circuits Reference Manual by John Markus, published in 1980 by McGraw-Hill.
It is 9" wide X 11" high X 3" thick, and weighs about 7 lbs. It has over 1220 pages, with over 3600 schematics.
There is a Buy It Now on Ebay for US $25.95. I'll ship it to the highest bidder over $6.00, which is about what it will cost to ship it (including Paypal fee).
I'm attaching a few random pictures. The schematic pages shown are very typical of every page.
Be sure to look at the table of contents too.
I'll leave the bidding open through March 31. Highest bidder (if any) over $6 gets it.

EDIT: I will only ship within the US, unless an offshore bidder wants to pay the difference in shipping costs, which are exorbitant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (174.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (175.9 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0003.jpg (210.3 KB, 62 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Markus contents.pdf (468.8 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by hgmjr; 03-17-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Expletive Deleted
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron H For This Useful Post:
DerStrom8 (03-18-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

I think I have a much older revision of this book. I will talk to you off line about my bidding.

General info:
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input. Thanks for the verbage Wookie.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Darn! I had this ready to post, and accidentally deleted it while previewing it.

Some of you guys may know of, or even own, this book. I have Modern Electronic Circuits Reference Manual by John Markus, published in 1980 by McGraw-Hill.
It is 9" wide X 11" high X 3" thick, and weighs about 7 lbs. It has over 1220 pages, with over 3600 schematics.
There is a Buy It Now on Ebay for US $25.95. I'll ship it to the highest bidder over $6.00, which is about what it will cost to ship it (including Paypal fee).
I'm attaching a few random pictures. The schematic pages shown are very typical of every page.
Be sure to look at the table of contents too.
I'll leave the bidding open through March 31. Highest bidder (if any) over $6 gets it.

<snip>
I don't think you posted the right link? Am I wrong?

That or there was an error how you set it up, it is sold for $19, no shipping fees.

General info:
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input. Thanks for the verbage Wookie.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

I suppose the one I have is the 1968 version "Sourcebook of Electronic Circuits", with blue and white book cover. How different is the 1980 version?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
E-book Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChips View Post
I suppose the one I have is the 1968 version "Sourcebook of Electronic Circuits", with blue and white book cover. How different is the 1980 version?
Mine has about 300 more pages, weighs about 2 lbs more, and is about a half inch thicker.
Just think of all the new technology that emerged between 1968 and 1980.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM

I have a version from 1971. I really like this book because all circuits have all components and values specified and a reference to where the circuit was originally published, in case the user wants more information.

This edition of the book has nearly 1000 pages, in fairly small font. The attached page shows the density of information inside.

About 10 years ago, my wife found this at the free book exchange at the local dump. When she saw the expression on my face, she knew she had given me a present better than anything she could have bought. I can endorse this book, in any edition, as worth owning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Markus.jpeg (45.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg pages.jpeg (45.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

A lot nicer gift than that old plaid tie she bought you for Christmas, I bet.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

So what is the link? The one on the first post isn't valid.

It occurs I'm shooting myself in the foot doing this here instead of via PM.

General info:
Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
E-book Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Marsden View Post
So what is the link? The one on the first post isn't valid.
I can't find the one I saw for $24.95. It's paper cover was in about the same condition as mine. That might have been the one I posted. Perhaps he had it open for bidding, with Buy It Now for $24.95.

Here's one from the UK for GBP 20.00 (about US $31.69). Unfortunately, shipping is $51.

Quote:
It occurs I'm shooting myself in the foot doing this here instead of via PM.
I don't get it.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

What is your eBay name? Or are you bidding here?

General info:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags
, , ,