Linear Actuator Help

spencergs

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys, this is something I thought I could figure out on my own, but I need help. :(

I have a Firgelli Automations linear track actuator. I need to control it with 3 momentary push buttons; UP, DOWN, and STOP. With a single press of the up or down buttons, I need it to travel to an external limit switch. I am hoping this can be done with relays.

Here's a diagram I'm using to help understand how the actuator works:

Attachments

spencergs

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the link, Bill. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do what I'd like it to do. I need the actuator to stay on until it reaches the limit switch, without sustained input.

If anyone could help me with a custom circuit diagram, I can compensate you for your time with a paypal payment. Please send me a PM if interested.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
All you need to do is add two diodes to the circuit I linked to. One from each swing arm of the appropriate relay back to the top of the same relay coil. Example.... If left relay is picked up, the swing arm will be tied to +12V and latch that relay in an ON state through the diode. (Cathode of diode would go toward the coil, anode to swing arm) Duplicate for the RIGHT side. The push button shown to the far left and right would represent the limit switches. Tie the two lines shown as going to ground for the limit switches to a common line and place a Normally Closed STOP switch in series to ground. That should give you what you want.

I couldn't find SgtWookies version, so did a quick redraw of what should work for you.

Attachments

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Glad to help. That's what this forum is all about! Credit also goes to SgtWookie since this is really a knockoff of his design.