Which in this picture is the 0.1µF and 1µF radial?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

OK. I purchased this capacitors somewhere and I am confusing which is the 0.1µF and 1µF radial. So which?

Take a look at my attachment?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Neither of those capacitors is of the radial design.
1uF capacitors usually look like tiny little metal cans wrapped in plastic (usually black & grey)

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
capacitors: 0.1µF ×4, 1µF radial beased on the parts required for my project

What does this means? They should be both radial? I mean this means, I need radial for 0.1uF and 1uF? or one of them are axial? Pls help!!!

thanks

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Anyway, the orange capacitors I have purhcased has this description

F
___
KCK

And the blue has (logo like A) then 1P2

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No sign of a package yet?

Where are you getting your parts? You have something close by?

Radial just means the leads are coming out of the bottom instead of the sides, which is axial. Resistors are generally axial, capacitors both.

I have 1µF in every case style, including ceramic disk (large), tantalum (small, very small), electrolytic, and other.

I believe the markings on the blue cap were 1nK63, in which case it is what I said it was, a 0.001µF cap.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

For the question Radial versus Axial, I have take a picture from some electrolitic capacitors.

The one with the leads on BOTH sides is called AXIAL.(the wires are on the axe of the component.)
The one with the leads on ONE side is called RADIAL.

For tha values and codings of capacitors take a look at this page:
http://www.sentex.ca/~mec1995/gadgets/caps/caps.html

Bertus

Attachments

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have many European EPCOS blue 1nF/5%/63V caps that look exactly like that. They are metalized plastic film type. The leads have 0.2" spacing.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have many European EPCOS blue 1nF/5%/63V caps that look exactly like that. They are metalized plastic film type. The leads have 0.2" spacing.
Pretty much what I said in post #10. However, the markings in this case suggest otherwise (assuming I'm reading them correctly).

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
No sign of a package yet?

Where are you getting your parts? You have something close by?

Radial just means the leads are coming out of the bottom instead of the sides, which is axial. Resistors are generally axial, capacitors both.

I have 1µF in every case style, including ceramic disk (large), tantalum (small, very small), electrolytic, and other.

I believe the markings on the blue cap were 1nK63, in which case it is what I said it was, a 0.001µF cap.
Actually yes. It was "1nK63" but in the receipt, it is not 0.001μF. Indeed, a "Ceramic 1μF". Help?