What does this symbol represents of?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I am going to try this project (look at the schematic I have attached please). But, I really don't know what this curve (the symbol that I am pointing I don't know). So, what this curve/symbol represents of?

I put red circles at the symbol I am pointing.

Please help.

thank you

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That's a "not a connection". It means the lines on the drawing cross, but there is no electrical connection of the lines.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is a way to indicate that the wires do not connect to each other. It is more common to place a dot where the wires do connect (you can see connection dots in several places), and not bother with the visual representation of one wire jumping over the other.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
That is the (slightly) older way of showing "no connection." Nowadays, we generally see

for connected, and

for not connected. It is important to know all these variations.
Der Strom

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I prefer to use both the dots where there is a connection, as well as a jump when there is none, just to help prevent confusion (mainly of myself).

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I like loops in hand drawn schematics but in computer drawn schematics they take more time (you have to add a loop symbol), and on complex schematics loops take up space and look messy.