What does your workbench look like?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I'm curious, what do your guys's workbenches/workshops look like?
I can't seem to keep mine clean, and it's honestly much too messy to post right now since I spent the whole weekend trying umpteen different things to get a plasma arc, but theres a picture of it clean on mitch's workshop post, I'll dig it up.

So post away!!
(I bet Bills is spotless :p)

bribri

Joined Feb 20, 2011
a single photo might not really capture the multi-layered environment within which my bench sits.
within day to day activity it seems that any given surface becomes quickly populated through an organizational process which i have yet to decipher.

take the 121x38cm flat surface immediately to the left of me for example:

3 VHS tapes, 2 large plastic lens elements, headphones, coffee cup, documentary on DVD i've been meaning to watch for the past 5 months, several 9 volt batteries (scattered), mysterious block of blue foam, a bill which i may or may not have already paid, AA battery cells (scattered), someone's business card from 2008, lens-cap (large), tea-light, DV-cam tape-box, numerous mini-DV tapes (scattered), light-bulb, padded envelope, an almost exhausted spool of printable-blank DVD-R's, 2 remote controls, an amazing schematic which i've just realized i SO have to rebuild, scattered CD-R's which may or may not contain data, a beer-bottle cap, multi-format SD card reader, logic-board from an old hard-drive, some kind of VGA adapter whose very existence boggles the mind, nail (galvanized), money-clip containing foreign currency, small chocolate easter-egg wrapping foil (blue), scattered coins, rca cable, cell-phone, another lens-cap (small), a few alligator-clips, pad of sticky notes, and a few odds and ends.
it makes sense but i'm not exactly sure how. multiply that by, um, several surfaces, and that's pretty much my work space at the moment.

anyway, to compensate for no photo, here's a quick video panorama.
http://www.recordingmedium.com/video/nothing/treehouseLab.mov

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
These are a few shots of some of the benches. There are two more in this workshop, plus the lathe and vertical mill. In the other workshop is the the sheet metal guilotine, fly press, cricible furnace, welder, roller tinner and other stuff. In the third workshop is all the PCB making equipment.

Daniel.

Attachments

bribri

Joined Feb 20, 2011
These are a few shots of some of the benches. There are two more in this workshop, plus the lathe and vertical mill. In the other workshop is the the sheet metal guilotine, fly press, cricible furnace, welder, roller tinner and other stuff. In the third workshop is all the PCB making equipment.
nice : )
(me envy)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
So, who wants to top lightingman?
I'm still shaking off the shock, I want that workshop.

If my approximation is correct, you have 1,000 odd mini-drawers? :eek:
(I have 16 :D)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A chip I would like to find the data sheet on someday is the 4500. It is a single bit CPU, and has totally disappeared from sight. It was a neat chippie.

I keep all my parts and test equipment on a shelf, and break it down when I need it. Generally the dining room table is trashed in the process.