All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Software, Microcomputing, and Communications Forums > Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers

Notices

Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers Discussion forum for projects and working with embedded systems and microcontrollers (FPGAs, PICs, AVRs). Get help with hardware issues and embedded programming.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM

Default Excitation Equations?

I have to "Analyze the sequential design given as follows. Please Write excitations equations, ecxitaction/transition table, and state table. (use state names A-H for Q2Q1Q0=000-111).

the diagram is as such.

One input signal, which is the clock, Three D-Latches, an NOR gate and Two Exculsive OR gates(XOR). with three outputs Q2Q1Q0

Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

This appears to be a class assignment. What have you been able to do so far in solving this problem?

hgmjr
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 PM

its is, i also had one of these on a test, and it killed me... ive been reading on how to do it, I see that it seems to be a Mealy Finite State Machine... What I have read says to always use d-latches... but i dont know what to do, i wish i could find a great exampe that breaks it down, but i have yet to find somethihg that makes sense.... anyone know?

thanks
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Sum-of-Products and Product-of-Sums expressions
Worksheet Boolean algebra
Worksheet Performance-based assessments for digital circuit competencies
Worksheet Flip-flop circuits
Worksheet Latch circuits
Worksheet CMOS logic gates
Worksheet TTL logic gates