Electrical Drawing

cages

Joined Jul 3, 2010
I would like to learn about Electrical drawings (control systems), reading and making them. I did some research on google and found the ladder logic chapter in volume IV of the all about circuits book, which was helpful.
A lot of information I have found is about PLC drawings.

Does anyone know of any tutorial or information about electrical drawings (I am familiar with electronic schematics).
Is there any software designed specifically for electrical drawings. I could use to learn with and probably buy.
The electrical drawings I am interested in are particularly for control systems they seem to be completely different from electrnic shchematics I am use to.

Thanks,
cages

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I gave the dia a whirl and was throughly impressed. You could even import new symbols and make your own. But they have all your basic Logic, and electrical sybol sets already done. For freeware you can't beat it. I think Bertus recommended it to me a couple weeks ago too. Great software and you'll love it.

cages

Joined Jul 3, 2010
I will give Dia a go (I tried it a few years ago).
Any suggestions on good sources of information on creating Electrical drawings(control diagrams) and any more suggestion for packages would be usefull.

Regards,
cages

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You will also tend to get help allowing PM messages. Lots of times people don't want to post certain info on the forums so they PM you so AAC doesn't have to decide if its clear or needs to be removed. I love PM's.. Others hate pm because they want all info public for other people to use. But their are circumstances where PM's are preferred. I was gonna send you a link to a couple sites but I can't. :( If you want to email me my adress is my name at yahoo.
(