All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > General Electronics Chat

Notices

General Electronics Chat Discussion forum for general chat about anything electronics related, including asking questions about material in the All About Circuits E-book, Worksheets, and Videos.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:45 PM

Default design of a 3kva inverter

please i want a simple circuit for the design of a 3kva inverter and the procedure. Thanks
from
Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hello,

You just hijacked a thread that has no relation to your question.
I moved your post to its own thread.

Bertus

It would be nice to have the Timezone ( GMT +/- x ) in the location field in the profile.
(User CP -> Edit Your Details)
Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 PM

This is no simple project. Especially if you wish anything but a square wave output. There will be a custom transformer in the design, adding to the cost and difficulty.

I notice there is no mention of the battery source. Are you aware that current draw for a 12 volt battery source (assuming no losses) is 250 amps?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Expert Member

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=16023
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Location: Oklahoma City, OK. Large enough to be modern but plenty of country left around it.

You know, businesses throw away computer UPS supplies on a constant basis just because the batteries have gone bad and when they price them from the manufacturer (instead of going to a proper supplier) they just buy new ones.

It might be worth time and money to call around to several businesses in your area and ask if they've got any old ones they're going to pitch but haven't yet. I got a 2 KVA one free for that very reason and have had access to a ton of the smaller ones for free as well.

Most operate on 12V to begin with and if the output isn't to your liking the transformer could be salvaged.
I very often misspell or miss things while making posts so come back and double check a few times.
I also have a full time job and often 10 projects going on at the same time so I'm not always online.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Expert Member

I recently received a pair of 1KVA UPS'es that were obsolete due to the RS-232 interface, along with the batteries being shot. The manufacturer of the UPS'es wanted $300 each for new battery packs!

After searching around a bit, I found better-than replacement batteries that would put them back in operation for $143 including shipping instead of $600+$$$shipping.
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input.

Last edited by SgtWookie; 10-21-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 PM

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome..
Old 10-21-2010, 06:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to R!f@@

OP has no idea what so ever in what he is getting in to.

Where the heck are these guys coming from....

It's like a unattended sprinkler.......SPRUNG!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Location: Oklahoma City, OK. Large enough to be modern but plenty of country left around it.

A lot of the more commonmodels use a 12V gel cell of around 12-14 AH which I can often find for under $17 each if I get the ones with the large 1/4" spade terminals while the same battery with the smaller terminals is almost twice that price. Go figure.

Too bad they're not really capable of cranking a motorcycle starter (nor handling their charging system) or I could use one in my bike when my current one gives up the ghost. I'm hoping that if I give it the same winter storage routine as I did last year (not a simple trickle charger) I may get another year out of it, 3 seems to be the max for small power equipment batteries.
I very often misspell or miss things while making posts so come back and double check a few times.
I also have a full time job and often 10 projects going on at the same time so I'm not always online.
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, ,